Naturalization Certificate Signature blue/black ink ?

complex_dude

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just had my oath today and I signed the certificate in blue ink. Paranoid that I am, now I vaguely recall that the IO at the ceremony mentioned something about using black ink.

Could the experts here please comment on whether it is an issue if I signed the certificate using blue ink instead of black ?

Thanks
cd

Hi,

I just had my oath today and I signed the certificate in blue ink. Paranoid that I am, now I vaguely recall that the IO at the ceremony mentioned something about using black ink.

Did you use your own pen or pen provided by USCIS at oath ceremony?

I don't think it matters.

So you are not a citizen but a tateless vagabond because you sign it in blue not in black?

Since I already asked one stupid question, I might as well as ask another:

The certificate says that it should not be copied/photographed/etc. When I apply for US passport, I have to submit the NC in original, so shouldn't I have some sort of photocopy for my reference ?

Since I already asked one stupid question, I might as well as ask another:

The certificate says that it should not be copied/photographed/etc. When I apply for US passport, I have to submit the NC in original, so shouldn't I have some sort of photocopy for my reference ?

It says should not be copied without proper authorization. That is you can not copy your certificate if you do not authorize yoruself to
do it. So check with yourself if you already get permission from yoruszelf or not. If you do not allow yoruself to copy it, then it is a
crime to copy it. If you permit yoruself to copy it, then it is OK because copying is donw woith aurthorization. Unless you have dopuble personality, I don't think you can not get authorization form yourself

OK, I will file a petition to myself, on self behalf, and wait for lawful self authorization. Hope it is faster than the GC/N400 process.

OK, I will file a petition to myself, on self behalf, and wait for lawful self authorization. Hope it is faster than the GC/N400 process.

I think in the process of worrying you forgot to ask 1 more question.....how to sign the certificate. ie., full name or cursive short form as done in day to day life.
:)

I think in the process of worrying you forgot to ask 1 more question.....how to sign the certificate. ie., full name or cursive short form as done in day to day life.

Actually no, that I asked the IO after the ceremony. And he mentioned to sign the same way the photograph was signed :)

Your 'Bank' signature. (i.e. the one reserved for important documents).

Your 'Bank' signature. (i.e. the one reserved for important documents).

hahahahahahahahahahahah ....... I guess GUNGA DIN has just missed that SPEEDY IS JOKING and rather took it serious question..............that's funnyyyyyyyyyyy

hahahahahahahahahahahah ....... I guess GUNGA DIN has just missed that SPEEDY IS JOKING and rather took it serious question..............that's funnyyyyyyyyyyy

Dang it!!! My next question was whether Blue-Black ink was acceptable.
(and the following question was going to be tha if somebody knew about the make of pen USCIS uses as I'm scared of germs and I'd like to take my own pen...)
:0

Signature Color should be black....USCIS officers made that very clear....during my wife's oath ceremony at Chicago Federal court...