Naturalization application

ljrose1074

Registered Users (C)
I am married to a USC for more than 5 years and got my GC last March 2008. When can I start applying for citizenship?And I have a son who is living abroad and want to apply for him to come here in the US, What is the best and fastest way to apply thru my USC Husband (stepfather) or me?

Just to be clear, you have married to an US citizen for five years, in this March (3/2008) you stated that you got your GC, assumed it is the unconditional GC, correct? How long have you had your Conditional CG? If you want to apply for US citizenship under marrige to US Citizen, you can apply after 3 years minus 90 days from the date you got your Conditional GC (provide you are still married with same one who sponsed your CG).

Since you have been married for 5 years, the Green Card that was issued would have been a Permanent one not an unconditional GC. The unconditional GC is issued to those who file at least 2 years after marriage.
Regarding your question, you can file for your naturalization starting Jan 2011 if you are still married to the same person by then.

I have a permanent CG valid for 10 years, and received it last March 2008,and still married to the same man who sponsored me,so 3 years minus 90 days before I can apply for naturalization, what is the rules regarding continous residence and physical presence?

I have a permanent CG valid for 10 years, and received it last March 2008,and still married to the same man who sponsored me,so 3 years minus 90 days before I can apply for naturalization, what is the rules regarding continous residence and physical presence?
The date that matters is not when you received your GC but rather when LPR was granted. There usually is not a long time between when LPR is granted and the time you receive the GC. In my case however, I passed the GC interview in March 2001 but received in March 2003 the GC dated from March 2001. Being a spouse of a US citizen since December 1998, I could have applied for US citizenship as early as March 2004 but waited until March 2007.

I am married to a USC for more than 5 years and got my GC last March 2008. When can I start applying for citizenship?And I have a son who is living abroad and want to apply for him to come here in the US, What is the best and fastest way to apply thru my USC Husband (stepfather) or me?

Simply count from the date shows on your GC(residence since)
It does not matter when you have married.You should be permement residence for 3 years and some after you become PR based on the marriage.whatever time before that does not count toward citizenship if you were not married.
Good luck