Naturalization and taxes

Ayaanna

Every year I file for taxes. I submitted my n400 application, but recently I got mail from IRS stating I owe taxes for 2014. I haven't started working on it yet. I had interview soon after, and of course I had to say that yes, I do owe taxes. I didn't have that letter with me. They gave me letter with "decision cannot be made yet about your application" and a notice of continuance with request of more documents from irs proving my repayment program.
What is going to happen? How likely is to be approved for citizenship if I respond with agreement from IRS? Is it going to be second interview? If yes, what are the time frames?
Thank you.

What is going to happen? How likely is to be approved for citizenship if I respond with agreement from IRS?

If you only owe money to IRS for just one year (as oppose to being a habitat tax dodger), I don't think it will effect your citizenship process. We are all humans and make mistakes.

But you have to address IRS issue immediately as USCIS takes taxes very seriously. Best way to do this is to go downtown to IRS office and work out some type of arrangement with them. And get a signed letter from them for your proof.