National Benefits Center transfer, Interview

1485victim

Registered Users (C)
I got an interview letter from NBC after my case was transferred from Nebraska SC a month ago where it was pending since 2002. Any idea why? I should bring almost every single doc that I might have submitted so far for the interview. Any clue?

My GC is being sponsored by a company that I never worked for so far. The process started while I was on H1 with a previous company and then when I got my EAD, I changed my job to another company. I am planning to join the company that sponsored my GC right after I get it. Is it going to happen?

Any information would be useful......Thanks

RD - 12/2002
I140 - 3/2003
I485 - 8/2003
4 EAD, and Paroles so far.
Applied 5 th recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take all the Docs,

All the passports that you have had
Current I-94 and if you have anyOld I-94's
All other ID’s i.e. Driver’s License
All the approval notices
All the financial documents, especially all the W2's and pay stubs.
All your bank statements and your wife’s
Proof of Joint account if you are married
Take marriage certificate with you if you are married.
Marriage album
Kid’s Birth certificates etc
If you are a home owner, take the Property papers
If you are renting, current lease documents
If you have a car then car registration papers

Do not give false statements and do not get scared telling the truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I485VICTIM,

Take everything that you feel might be useful. I think JUSTGC007 has pretty much covered the full list. Wish you good luck :)

I have not received any interview letter but my case is exactly same as yours i.e., future employment based GC, switched employers after receiving EAD etc. Please post the details of your interview. I appreciate if you could let me know about the following things as well:

1) Has the message on USCIS website changed for your case ?
2) When did you receive the letter and when is your interview scheduled ?

Or please supply me your personal email id so that we can be in touch. Thanks a lot.

Hi JUSTGC07,

Did you have similar experience ? Thank you!

Exact Situation

Boinepav,

I am in the exact same situation. Let me know if you get any interview letter please.

Thanks, Hoochie

Hello I485VICTIM and hoochie,

I have received an email from CRIS that my case has been transferred to NBC. Hopefully they will schedule an interview. I appreciate if you could let me know how much time did they take to schedule your interview. Also please share your interview experience. Thanks a lot.

I feel this is pretty normal and there is nothing to be scared about the interview. I believe they just want to check everything about us and our intention to join the GC sponsoring employer. That is it. Good Luck to all of us :)

Same here. :mad: endless transfer

The problem is the phone call is not going to NSC anymore. If the case is still with NSC, at least you can call them if you have question. Now, the call always goes to useless CSR.

1485 Victim - Can u post interview details.

1485 Victim - Can u post interview details, what exactly they have asked for please.

And how long after transfer did u get the interview notice.

It will be of great help.

Thanks, Hoochie

Interview Letter and Timeline ?

Thanks I485 Victim,

Have you got the letter for the interview pl. If so can u share it with us.

ALso, how long after the transfer from NSC did u get the interview letter.

Thanks, this info will help us all (in the same situation) big time.

Hoochie

Interview Letter and Timeline ?

I485victim,

Can you please post the letter receipt date and the details in the letter for the sake of everyone eagerly waiting here.

That also will indicate the time between the e-mail notification and the receipt of physical letter and take the anxiety of lot of our friends here.

Thanks

Sail1

Interview over today, but NO Luck

We completed the Interview today. W/o our attorney's presence. It lasted about 45 mnts. The case is now kept pending waiting for Visa numbers. A pending stamp was placed on our passports :(

The officer mentioned that there should be some visa numbers available next month and scheduled another interview appt. for us next month. Plus I have to submit a new employment letter from my current employer. My attorney says they should not be asking anything about the current employer since the case is based on future employement!!! I am confused between attorney and the officer who interviewed. Any thoughts here????

My PR is Dec'02, I was told that they are now processing July'02. The officer took the original I94's, I-140 approval notice, employment letter from the sponsor (future employer), copies of current pay stubs, 3 year's Tax returns, etc. Verified Original Marriage cert, birth cert etc. Asked Questions about each other's birth dates, Kid's birth date, marriage date, etc. I had taken all docs (Education certs, Exp certs, Labor cert, Medical stuff, I140/I485 filing docs, etc) with me (copies and originals), but the only docs mentioned above were verified.

So, my question: Is there anything to cheer about?

We completed the Interview today. W/o our attorney's presence. It lasted about 45 mnts. The case is now kept pending waiting for Visa numbers. A pending stamp was placed on our passports :(

The officer mentioned that there should be some visa numbers available next month and scheduled another interview appt. for us next month. Plus I have to submit a new employment letter from my current employer. My attorney says they should not be asking anything about the current employer since the case is based on future employement!!! I am confused between attorney and the officer who interviewed. Any thoughts here????

My PR is Dec'02, I was told that they are now processing July'02. The officer took the original I94's, I-140 approval notice, employment letter from the sponsor (future employer), copies of current pay stubs, 3 year's Tax returns, etc. Verified Original Marriage cert, birth cert etc. Asked Questions about each other's birth dates, Kid's birth date, marriage date, etc. I had taken all docs (Education certs, Exp certs, Labor cert, Medical stuff, I140/I485 filing docs, etc) with me (copies and originals), but the only docs mentioned above were verified.

So, my question: Is there anything to cheer about?

Thanks for the details I485Victim. BTW how did you get a copy of the Medical stuff ? Isn't that supposed to have been sent with your 485 in a sealed cover ?

Medical docs

I did not have the actual results (sealed envelop submitted long time ago), But I had the other paper works related to it.

if u don't mind telling me what are these other related papers ? My spouse has an interview on October 15 and I don't know what to take for the medical reports.

Just looked, I only had the original medical request paperwork, and the doctor's receipt. No other medical docs. I dont think you should worry, bcos it was never looked, discussed.

Congratulations.

Congratulations I485 victim.

How much time between transfer to National Benefit Center and interview ?

Thanks, Hoochie

interview

my sister got an interview notice, scheduled for november. neither me, my mom, nor my dad got any type of letter indicating we had to go in for an interview. dont know the details yet as we just found this out from the lawyer today. anyone know what this could mean?

I-485 Transferred to NBC

Hi All,
Today I got case staus update that mu I-485 transferred to NBC. Please share your experiances on how much time it takes to get interview scheduled the date case transfer to NBC. I wish all the best to all who are waiting. Thanks.

regards,
Rakesh

I had an interview this week on Oct 9th and guess what??
WE ARE APPROVED :D
IO was very knowledgeable. She ordered for Card Production before us and the same day the online status changed to Card Production Ordered and the next day it changed to Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. IO said that we should recieve the card within 30days.
Mine is also future employment case and the IO mainly questioned about my intensions to join the sponsoring company.

Boinepav,

Congratualtions buddy. Go out and enjoy yourself take a few days off.

My dates RFE's etc are very similar. I ve got my interview on 24th. A little anxious.

Hopefully it will be ok.

Thanks, Hoochie