Names misspelled on Green Cards

cpgc

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
We received our cards yesterday. But my husband\'s name has been misspelled and my firstname has be spilt to first name and middle name. I would like to know the procedure to make these changes. And also how serious is this problem. Will it take very long to get it corrected.
Thanks for all your responses.
cpgc

It says on your GC Jacket........

There is a phone number and address on the envelop that your GC came in. You are supposed to call and tell them what is wrong. They will correct and send you the replacement cards.

Read the whole GC Jacket... it has other useful info too!!!

No Title

call the number which is there on the paper which you got. if its from texas call 214-381-1423
or generally you can call 800-375-5283.
its not a big issue you can always correct the information on the card but make sure you correct the information before you go out of country to make sure all the information is correct on your cards

Thanks for the responses. Is an I90 form required?

Do I need to fill an I90 form and submit my GCs? Any idea? I heard it takes another 4-10 months to get the replacement cards. I hope I can call and correct the names. I will call the mentioned numbers.
Thank you
cpgc

this happened to me

My daughter\'s card came and her name was spelt wrong. I called the 800 number. they were useless. I filled out an I90 and took it down to my local service center. I waited 2.5 hours in line. When I finally got to the front of the line she took the I90. I needed to supply another picture of my daughter (I brought one with me). She wanted to verify that it was there fault and that I had not filled out the forms wrong. I showed her the paper that was attached to my green card package that I got from the embasy when I did consular processing. (I had taken a copy of it). She took a copy of that, the picture and the green card. Waited 4.5 months and they sent a corrected one. All done!

Note: If they had screwed up my card I would have had to given the thumb print again (I think). My daughter is under 14 so it was not an issue). Also they did not make me pay the fee stated on the I90 as it was there fault.

Hope that helps.

Dr_z.