NameCheck Clearance

VinCP

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Need help !! Unfortunately, i did not make the May Interview List so i send an email to Mumbai Consulate. They emailed me back stating that they have not received namecheck clearance for both of us (me and my spouse). Is this normal or is there any issues.
I have nothing against me excpet 1 speeding ticket 4 yrs back. Dont know why! Probably i am the unfortunate ones to be stuck.
My wife had called the consulate in india and the Consular told her that we should hear something at end of this month.
I didnt had much luck searching the forum.

Please reply if anybody has gone thru this before or if anyone knows any information about this.

Really Appreciate the input.
Thanks,
VinCP.

VinCP,

Consider yourself lucky. There were a couple of people who had problems like yours at Chennai-the problem was, they did not find out until they were in Chennai for their interview that their security checks needed to be redone. One of them waited in India for a few months before he got his GC. Search under username Jayanagar and you will get more info. In your case, even if you are delayed by a month or two, once they get the security check info-it should be smooth sailing!:)

Thanks Rajeev

Appreciate a lot Rajeev. Feels a lot better and i mean it. I dont know what is this all about. But hoping to get everything done smoothly.

Thanks again.
VinCP.

Name check is normal

VinCP,
Our case also had undergone name check and according to the person that we had spoken to on the phone from US consulate in Mumbai mentioned that this was normal and happens in all the cases. It is just a formality.
This will cause some delay as they will not schedule you till they receive clearance.

Thanks.

Thanks Ceebee

Thanks Ceebee,

How much was the delay ceebee, was it a month.
Appreciate your imput, really helps a lot.

Thanks again.
VinCP.

VinCp,
There was no such delay...but i missed Feb schedule because of this issue.
It should not take more than 15 days to obtain clearance.

You can also call the consulate and talk in person to find out whether everything is okay.

Thanks.

Thanks Ceebee

Thanks Ceebee, They told my wife who is in india on the phone to call back end of this month to find out more.
So hoping that everything is alright.
Appreciate all of you guys. If anybody has more information please do share, it will be helpful for people in future going thru this process.

Thanks again,
VinCP.

Name Check

What do you mean by Name check? For this do we have to submit any documents or Mumbai consulate do their own name check? Pl let me know.

NameCheck dont know much

Hi,

I dont know much about this NameCheck Procedure, but looks like for those who have applied directly via AC140 Process not goin thu NVC, Mumbai Consulate does the NameCheck. And due to this my interview date has been delayed.

I have heard this for first time, but looks like there are some people who have gone through this process. You dont have to submit any document, Mumbai Consualte does their NameCheck on your name.

Hoep this helps.
VinCP.

Re: NameCheck dont know much

Originally posted by VinCP
Hi,

I dont know much about this NameCheck Procedure, but looks like for those who have applied directly via AC140 Process not goin thu NVC, Mumbai Consulate does the NameCheck. And due to this my interview date has been delayed.

I have heard this for first time, but looks like there are some people who have gone through this process. You dont have to submit any document, Mumbai Consualte does their NameCheck on your name.

Hoep this helps.
VinCP.

Hi VinCP:
I wish you all the best and I hope to hear good news from you soon.

I have a doubt about this name check clearance. May be senior members of this forum will have the answer for me...

Is this name check clearnce process is possible only if you go via AC 140? When do they do this process for the people who go thru NVC? Is it done by NVC when we send DS230 I. Is there a chance of going thru this process during interview for those who went thru NVC also??

Thanks for clarifying. I am just curious to know.

Regds,
Sam.

Friends,
Since we bypass a lot of hoops while going thru the AC-140 route, this is the only way for them to do some background check.

This is similar to the FBI check that is done for I-485 cases..dont know much about NVC...maybe someone from here can shed some light on this.

Thanks.

Name Check

Is the name check done for every AC I-140 case ? Is it done for all males and females (I am not asking about females in couples, I am asking about signle females)

In one of the sites , posted on this borad it is mentioned that Name chcek is done for males between 16 and 60.

Is it true? Can somebody put light on this.

Finally Got the Interview Date

Hi All,

I finally got reply from Mumbai Consulate and my interview is scheduled on 4th June 2003. Looks like the namecheck delayed me another extra month and hope everything goes smooth from now on.

Thanks all who replied in this thread and to my emails.

VinCP.

Re: Finally Got the Interview Date

Originally posted by VinCP
Hi All,

I finally got reply from Mumbai Consulate and my interview is scheduled on 4th June 2003. Looks like the namecheck delayed me another extra month and hope everything goes smooth from now on.

Thanks all who replied in this thread and to my emails.

VinCP.

Hi VinCP:
First of all, Congratulations for getting the interview date.

Can you please share with the forum if you made any requests/followups etc., to make this process faster or as per their normal schedule they given your interview date??

Normally for each month they shedule the interview in last 10 days of the month. Right??
In your case, It appears that your interview date is in 1st week, because your interview is delayed. Do you think so??

Regds,
Sam.

Date

Hi Sam,

I really dont know how they have given me the early interview date. I have not given any specific request to them, in fact i was thankful just to get the date after the name check clearance.

So my conclusion would be that due to one month delay, they might have given me the earlier date.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!
VinCP.