NameCheck and Firearm

TheyStink

Registered Users (C)
Just wondering if having a firearm (legally) will delay my namecheck as I'm sure to come up in FBI's namecheck. Any thoughts?

I have two - one I bought way back from a friend (thus no background check, but still legal) and one I bought in a shop (with a friend who is a police officer). In CA you had the 3 day waiting period then. However, I doubt that to be a problem.

It wouldn't make sense to have a "Hit" in the database based on something completely legal. If that were the case, forget about EVER getting through the name check process.

As I wrote on a different thread, I often have to pass background checks and have nothing on file (in CA you can request a copy when that is done).

That's just my best guess opinion, wouldn't make much sense otherwise, but then what makes sense lately.

I don't see a problem with it. Since you obtained it LEGALLY there should be no problem at all.
If for example you were arrested because you had a unregistered (I think you call it) Firearm which I even think is a Felony different story but it is legal so you should be fine.

Thanks.....I agree; just wanted to get some other views. BTW I had no waiting as I do have a CPL as well.

Slightly OT, but every time I buy a firearm I am delayed. I suspect the check is hitting my previous visa/green card records and needs to be manually checked everytime. It always clears in a few days.

Just wondering if having a firearm (legally) will delay my namecheck as I'm sure to come up in FBI's namecheck. Any thoughts?

I own several firearms, and am a member of the NRA (which I disclosed in my N400 application). I was not delayed in any way.