name spelled wrong on EAD

tom365

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for EAD, and just received it. But one letter in my first name was spelled wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

tom365 said:
Hi,

I applied for EAD, and just received it. But one letter in my first name was spelled wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Send the card back to them with proof of the correct spelling of your name.

Is the EAD valid for five years or for one year only?

Also, you do NOT need to have an EAD to work as an approved asylee. It is an absolute waste of money and time to get one.

If it's waste of money , how am I suppose to get a driver license or ID card without EAD?

I don't think it is such a waste of money, actually. I don't have it but want to apply after all. People, institutions etc. will give you a much harder time if you don't have something official looking, plastic, with a photo. Am planning to get one, just have not gotten around to it.

TomD, please keep us posted on how long it is valid for.

ign82 said:
If it's waste of money , how am I suppose to get a driver license or ID card without EAD?

In Florida they accept your asylum letter and I-94 as proof of status. Where do you live?

As a matter of fact, if you show them the asylum documentation, YOU WILL GET A SIX YEAR LICENSE LIKE AMERICAN CITIZENS DO. IF THEY SHOW THE EAD YOUR LICENSE WILL EXPIRE ON THE DATE YOUR EAD EXPIRES.

Last edited by a moderator:
EspressoJoy said:
I don't think it is such a waste of money, actually. I don't have it but want to apply after all. People, institutions etc. will give you a much harder time if you don't have something official looking, plastic, with a photo. Am planning to get one, just have not gotten around to it.

TomD, please keep us posted on how long it is valid for.

I would just donate the money to charity rather than waste it on a document that is optional.

Thank you , it's good to know that they accept other papers than EAD , I am in Florida and I am gonna go and try to get my driver licemse for six years. Thanks again