Name on mailbox for AP and EAD

skumar2003

Registered Users (C)
Does USPS deliver AP or EAD if name is not there in mailbox ?

I forgot to add my wife's name in the mailbox. I fixed it couple of days
back but not sure if I missed the ead/ap because of this.

As per online the ead/ap were approved and mailed on oct 6..But I am yet
to receive the two.

Any ideas folks ?

Thanks

My experience has been just the opposite. I got my wifes approved EAD in mail even though I did not have her name on my mail box. I guess it depends more on the mail mans whimps, but in general it is better to have the name of all applicants on the mail box.

As long you both have the same last name, it will be delivered. Postal office delivers mails that have the same last name as they consider it being a family. It gets complicated if the family members don't have the same last name. You would have to then definitely have all the names in the mail box, otherwise only junk mails will get delivered, not important documents from govt agencies.

I agree with mxc. We just had our last name on the Mail Box and all my mails and my wife's mails (2 EADs, 2 APs) were promptly delivered.

UnitedNation's fate

Looks like I suffered the same fate as UnitedNations. I will launch
enquiry with usps and uscis. I am planning to move this week-end.
I will give change of address and also ask them to mail the ead/ap
again.

What do you think ?

unitednations said:
Good plan.

I made two inquires with the 1800 number, sent a letter to nebraska and visited local office.

Weird thing about the local office is that we tried to get an interim ead and we were told once an EAD had been approved but not received, uscis cannot give out an interim ead. I had informed them that we had sent inquiries and I was told that it would be easier if we just sent another application for replacement.

My wife didn't plan on working so there was no rush. However, we needed the EAD to get her a social security card.

Same thing happened in my wife's case also regarding
EAD. Her EAD was approved in Aug 04, but we never
received it. Our address was not changed. We got all
other documents at the same address like AP approval,
FP notices. Not sure why EAD didn't come. So we opened
an inquiry with NSC and then sent fax and letter to
the officer regarding her approval emails from USCIS
and all the LUD change details.
But no luck so far. We have scheduled an appointment
in local INS office next week using Infopass. Let's
see what happens.

Looks like we might have to reapply for her EAD again. :confused:

enquiry..

Here are results of the enquiry..

USPS: They don't know anything.

USCIS: Called 800 number and spoke to an operator. Operator said
that I need to wait for 30 days since approval date and call them. He also
said that even without name on mailbox the documents are delivered ?

In response to my question he said the documents are stored in mailroom and not destroyed after they are returned back.

I feel address update may trigger them to deliver again..if they ever mailed the notices ?

Thanks

on my mail box i have only my name; and so far i have been receiving all immigration related papers for both of us adn our surnames are different too.
talk 2 your mailman to work out a solution

Reply from attorney

I got response from my company attorney's office that they couriered
Advannce Parole doc to my home address 10 days back.. the courier man left it in Leasing Office. Since I am on travel, my friend's been checking the mailbox.

But should'nt I have received my wife's Advance parole directly ? Why should it go to lawyer ?

Thanks

skumar2003 said:
IBut should'nt I have received my wife's Advance parole directly ? Why should it go to lawyer ?

Don't the reason. Somehow they always send AP to attorney's address and EAD to beneficiary's address.