Name issue

GCJhalak

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

What will happen if my first name is listed as middle name and my middle name is listed as first name ?

Say for example if my actual name is

First : Rajasekhar
Middle : Rao
Last : Vankineni

my ssn, bank accounts, credit cards etc have it as

First : Rao
Middle : Rajasekhar

and my I485, AP, EAD, Drivers License, I140, LC, Birth Certificate, H1 has it correct as

First : Rajasekhar
Middle : Rao

Will it be a problem in the future for my I485 adjudication ... Please let ....
This has been eating my brains off for some time. :( :(

- Jha

Why don't you change your ssn, bank accounts etc. to be similar to other documents so that you don't have to worry about Immigration Documents.

SSN atleast you can change on approval since any way you have to get your SSN changed to remove the sentence "Work Authorization based on INS etc."

but other you could initiate steps to change the name and get it all aligned and synchronized.

my 1 cent.

I agree

Changing financial records and names on creditcards is easier than changing stuff with INS

Pls make sure you change the name asap

You never know what reason INS can show to ask further questions in case this name issue can be quite big one.

Ram

GCJhalak,

What a coincidence that me & you posted similar " Name" questions on the same day. Though my case is a little different than yours. See my thread that reads " Important name Question - pl help!". I tell you this forum is really good. People have replied back pretty fast & with differing opinions.

In my case my firstname (which is rather long ) has been broken up into two & the second half has become my middle name in most documents here (just as you mentioned)- though my I485,EAD,DL etc have my firstname in full & without a middlename. Am waiting to hear from more folks & experts in this forum.

Will keep a close eye on your thread to see what people have to say.Lets try & keep our two threads alive so that we can get more feedback.

Bye.