Name & DOB Check not requested until Nov 04 - Jan 02 Case

vg333

Registered Users (C)
I had a conversation with a very nice lady regarding the status of my case. She told me that my case is currently pending name and dob check. When I pressed for information on when this was requested from the FBI, she said she cannot confirm 100% but said that is appears as though it was requested on Nov 16th, 2004. Caution here is that she said that she cannot confirm for sure. She was genuinely showing empathy about the delay in my case and said that i have to wait it out. My 2nd FPs expire this month and its a shame that I have to go thru this again. Meanwhile my third EAD has just been approved.

hi vg333,
i'm also jan 02 case . but i didn't even receive my fp2 since i gave my first fp in april of 2002. i tried all possible ways contacting vsc none was fruitful getting my case moving. so i would like to talk to you regarding our cases and our experinaces so that we can share some information please let me know.

vg333

sorry i dont mean to second guess you. did you try contacting the senator or congressman. they cant do this to us.........it is not humane. it is not decent to let honest hardworking immigrants go through hell. I am frustrated.

PD mid 2001
rd 7/30/2003
LUD 11/18/2004

nothing since then........I cant do a thing becos the VSC processing date is stuck at 6/19/2003.

You can see in my signature that I have engaged a congressman since Oct 04. I have a feeling that the name check request went out in Nov 04 because of the congressman's enquiry.

vg333,
Did you receive any confirmation from congressman that your name check was re-initiated ?
I am 100% sure that you are also of one the affect cases members of Name Check Issue , so lets get together in a tracker so that we can share our experiences and help each other rather than dealing individually.

Just a thought.....

vg333 said:
You can see in my signature that I have engaged a congressman since Oct 04. I have a feeling that the name check request went out in Nov 04 because of the congressman's enquiry.

No, I did not receive any confirmation from congressman. Infact, the congressman said that they do not get involved in delays because of name check issues. I was surprised to hear that. I did insist though that I would like them to ask VSC, when they follow up next time, when the name check was requested. I will have to wait and see if I can get any confirmation on this.

Actually that is true. Congressman's office will not get involved in any security clearance issues, but if you know sure that your case is pending because of name check and if your name was never requested then they will help in only in that regard and once the name is requested and if stays at FBI then you will have to deal with FBI and that is whole another lot of story.

So don't interact in this thread, I would say you write your issue in the thread rajudm started which is dealing with similar issues and we will try to help each other through that. Actually when my congressman asked USCIS specifically about when my name check was requested, USCIS gave a very generic problem and didn't inform my congressman any details about my name check.
vg333 said:
No, I did not receive any confirmation from congressman. Infact, the congressman said that they do not get involved in delays because of name check issues. I was surprised to hear that. I did insist though that I would like them to ask VSC, when they follow up next time, when the name check was requested. I will have to wait and see if I can get any confirmation on this.