Name Different In Advance Parole Than Passport

IMMI_485_BUDDY

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I have a situation, My wife's last name in the Advance Parole is same as it appears on each form ( i- 485 etc.,) of GC, but her passport last name is different, will there be an issue at the port of entry while departing from here or entering to usa.
Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Buddy
:)

Same here

I also have the same issue. The last letter in my middle name is wrong. My lawyer says that should not be an issue because the photo is there in the AP and also it is just one letter.
I havent travelled with it yet.

I would suggest calling the NSC number and getting it changed. You will receive a letter of acknowledment within a couple of weeks from DHS also.
My I-485 approval notice came with my last name spelled wrong, so I just called the NSC number and got it changed. I did not have a problem when I went to stamp my Passport and apply for the Green Card even with the wrong name since it was already corrected online.

We had the same situation. My Wife last name on her passport has her Maiden name and the 485 application, EAD and AP has the last name after marriage. She did not have a problem when coming back with AP.

Now we have got the name changed in the passport and also got a new SSN card with the name changed.