Name Correction - suggestion

I have used middle name as lastname eg.
Chandra Babu in my H1B,Labour,ssn and I-140 etc but only in the 485 application I had changed it as Chandra Babu Naidu. I got my EAD and also applied for its renewal with the name Chandra Babu Naidu. Since I am currently working on H1B, I have not changed my name in SSN.

If I don't change my name in the SSN with the name I used in my 485 application, will it create any problems during the approval time. Or Can I go ahead and change it and make it consistent everwhere else.

krishnagc,

I think your case is fine. THis is only my opinion.

byebye140,
Even iam in the same boat. Thinking of changing everything. But in my case, I checked with my lawyer and he told me to wait till my GC is approved.
But again, as long as Last name is consistent , I think its fine. I am planning to visit NJ DMV to explain about this and try to convince to correct it as per my ssn.

Kandy17,
Thanks for your reply.
>>>>
But again, as long as Last name is consistent , I think its fine. I am planning to visit NJ DMV to explain about this and try to convince to correct it as per my ssn
<<<<<<

In my case my lastname is not consistent. I have used Babu as my last name in my H1B,NJDMV lic etc. In my 485 and EAD it is Chandra B Naidu. So Naidu becomes lastname. That's why I am worrying a lot and also I need to renew my license with NJDMV and explain these things to its ignorant officials.

byebye140, don't try to explain anything to NJ DMV office. There was a post recently where they harassed a 485 candidate. Mention the same name that appears in the previous license. Once you get the GC approved, change your name in all the places to be consistent with the passport.