• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Name Clearance

Fery

Registered Users (C)
Name Clearance - Pls Help

i faced my interveiw and i got a yellow paper mentioning a date to collect my visa.but recenlty i got a call from embassy and saying my name is not cleared in washington therefor they ask me to wait until they call us.

Some one please tell me why did this happen?and how long that i hav to wait to clear my name?? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm, that is strange. You are from Sri Lanka right? Should not happen to people from SL.

hi fery
ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING have many reasons not only Background Check.

hi La1, What they said to me is "your name is not cleared in washington, it may cleared within a month but some times it take more than one month"

hi fery,

1. do not worry.
2. ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING in 90% of cases itTake less than Month. the anther ca 10% take less than 90 days. so you will have your's Visa soon , do not worry.

Thank u very much La1, ur reply gave me lot of relief :)

Name Cleared and Visa Stamped

Today i got a call from US embassy and ask me to collect the visa so i went and collect my Visa :).

I want to thank all of this forum members and i wish good luck to other members.

congratulations. Maybe you and I are the only Sri Lankans on this forum posting. Where are the rest of Sri Lankans? Common guys, congratulate your fellow country man...I know you guys are out there lurking around.

:)
congratulations. Maybe you and I are the only Sri Lankans on this forum posting. Where are the rest of Sri Lankans? Common guys, congratulate your fellow country man...I know you guys are out there lurking around.

thanks buddy :)