Name checked in H1B, is it again in I-140/485??

rnepal418

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone
I stucked in name check when I went to Canada to get my H1B stamp. I had to stay there 2 weeks. Finally, they issued me visa and also note on my visa "Clearance Received on ......(Date). Consulate also assured me that I don't have to stuck in Name check again in future that's why they put that note on my visa. Now, I applied for I-140 and I-485. Do I stuck into name check again??
Please, share your experience who got name check on H1B visa appointment and later did GC process.

rnepal

Hello Everyone
I stucked in name check when I went to Canada to get my H1B stamp. I had to stay there 2 weeks. Finally, they issued me visa and also note on my visa "Clearance Received on ......(Date). Consulate also assured me that I don't have to stuck in Name check again in future that's why they put that note on my visa. Now, I applied for I-140 and I-485. Do I stuck into name check again??
Please, share your experience who got name check on H1B visa appointment and later did GC process.

rnepal
H1 name check and the name check during 485 are not connected in any way.
Maybe they share some of the same underlying data sources - but the process that initiates these checks are not connected.

The notation on your visa was probably to ease the process for your next visa stamping - that's all.

Be prepared for one more namecheck delay in your 485 -- since you got a "hit" once, very good chance you will get a "hit" again - just be prepared - nothing you can do would change the process.