name check

Nailah listen to me

I was actually very disheartened that it takes so long to get citizenship and now I am stuck in this name check business. I am a single Mom facing a lot of hradships and wanted to sponsor my parents and get them over here. I guess that is not happening in the near future.

Johnny cash who ever he is think he knows it all , is contradicting himself , i have the same suitation as you and i didnt wait one day and i called my congress person to know why they couldnt approve my citizenship after interview although i passed , ididnt know nothing after the intwerview , so now i have every right to file a lawsuit just like u , call ur congress person call the first lady call the vice president person can only hope.

but Johnny Cash or Mr dont give anyone any hope is just negative maybe its not him or not his case and he is enjoying the freakin summer , thats what he wrote me:''Immigration officers must need to consolidate all the files on the applicants before making a final decision on N-400. Thereby, the officer couldn't be able to approve your application because the original file hasn't received yet. Why DO hasn't received the file yet then I don't know. But it happens very rarely though; otherwise Service Center right away orders all the files on the applicant to be consolidated upon receiving the N-400 application.

How long it will take them to receive your original file, then nobody can answer on this. It could be possible that they might receive it within 2 days or might never receive it as sometimes files do get lost. I do remember of two cases on here in the past, I think 2 yrs ago or more, wherein DO took more than a year to make a decision on applicant's application because they never received the original file on the applicant as it was lost somewhere in the transit. Officer finally made the decision based upon temporary file. While in other case, it took a few weeks.

I don't understand why you contacted Congressperson for this kind of thing, and more strangely just within a day or so after your interview. There is nothing anyone could do to get/retrieve your main/original file quickly at this point.

Nailah please keep ur faith call all and everyone you have every right , i wanna sponsor my mom too she lives in a country on the freakin verge of war what does he know , his parents might be drinking Coronas on a cruise he dont care.

im praying for you me and atlanta brother and everyone stuck in this miserbale process that God grant u what u want as soon as possible.

but always keep positive and dont let peoples negative energy disrupt the flow of your positive energy.

You made my day worried2007

Hey worried2007,

You made my day, right on :) Yes I agree Johnnycash's negative advices were too much, atleast for me. Atleast I wasn't going to buy what he or she was saying and suggesting. I don't know why Johnnycash is discouraging us. Anyways, forget about it and let's think positive and I am very hopeful that things will workout for all of us who have been waiting patiently.
Again thank you for staying on top of this. Keep writing, it's nice to see people like you who care about other people as well. God bless you. Keep up the good work and stay out of trouble.

Johnny cash who ever he is think he knows it all , is contradicting himself , i have the same suitation as you and i didnt wait one day and i called my congress person to know why they couldnt approve my citizenship after interview although i passed , ididnt know nothing after the intwerview , so now i have every right to file a lawsuit just like u , call ur congress person call the first lady call the vice president person can only hope.

but Johnny Cash or Mr dont give anyone any hope is just negative maybe its not him or not his case and he is enjoying the freakin summer , thats what he wrote me:''Immigration officers must need to consolidate all the files on the applicants before making a final decision on N-400. Thereby, the officer couldn't be able to approve your application because the original file hasn't received yet. Why DO hasn't received the file yet then I don't know. But it happens very rarely though; otherwise Service Center right away orders all the files on the applicant to be consolidated upon receiving the N-400 application.

How long it will take them to receive your original file, then nobody can answer on this. It could be possible that they might receive it within 2 days or might never receive it as sometimes files do get lost. I do remember of two cases on here in the past, I think 2 yrs ago or more, wherein DO took more than a year to make a decision on applicant's application because they never received the original file on the applicant as it was lost somewhere in the transit. Officer finally made the decision based upon temporary file. While in other case, it took a few weeks.

I don't understand why you contacted Congressperson for this kind of thing, and more strangely just within a day or so after your interview. There is nothing anyone could do to get/retrieve your main/original file quickly at this point.

Nailah please keep ur faith call all and everyone you have every right , i wanna sponsor my mom too she lives in a country on the freakin verge of war what does he know , his parents might be drinking Coronas on a cruise he dont care.

im praying for you me and atlanta brother and everyone stuck in this miserbale process that God grant u what u want as soon as possible.

but always keep positive and dont let peoples negative energy disrupt the flow of your positive energy.

I don't waste my time/energy/efforts anymore on people (and on matters/arguments) who are not worth at all unlike in the past when I used to take the matter to its eternity and never lost any argument. You may search my previous postings from a year or so ago to find that out, but I've decided to do better things with my time/energy than wasting on those who are not worth of my attention at all. Thereby, I totally ignore those who like to bark by making offensive statements just because they don't hear from me what they expected to hear out. I don't mind if someone disagrees with me, but they should do it in a respected way. If someone would use vulgar languages or violate the terms of their membership on this board then I'll make sure they get banned.

As I said before in my previous postings that you certainly didn't do any search on this forum; otherwise you had not made the comment about wishing me for a smooth process in my case, which I didn't take that as offensive. But if you would have done any search or read my postings then I'm sure you would have known that I'm a natural born US citizen and a former Immigration attorney.

I've been around to 3-4 immigration websites for many years. I spend my time/energy/efforts in helping people and don't get anything in return. My only motive to be on all these immigration websites is just to help people as much I could. I won't achieve anything by giving a wrong/inaccurate information to anyone. I know sometimes people get pissed off when they don't hear what they wanted/expected to hear out from me. But they should know that it's better for them to have accurate information than wrong one. I cannot deliberately give a wrong information to anyone just to please them especially when I'm not here to please people; rather to help them out. Sometimes my opinions might not seem helpful to some, but that doesn't mean they are wrong/inaccurate. I know sometimes truth bites/hurts.

Also, as I said previously that anyone can contact Congresspersons but that won't make things to go quickly for them especially the background checks. Millions of people have tried this before but they weren't able to acheieve what they expected for. If you don't believe me then read the sticky thread on here about Name check which has half million viewing. Think about it that why would anyone file a lawsuit against INS if thing could be resolved thru the intervention from congresspersons? Check the courts' record to see how many lawsuits were/are filed for the last 3-4 yrs. That's why INS is now trying to interview people once all these checks are completed so that they could prevent people from filing lawsuits against them which takes away alot of their time and resources.

By contacting Congresspersons the only positive/good thing applicants could achieve is knowing the exact status of their pending application and the reasoning of its pendency. That's all. Further, one of the immigration laws relevant to this matter clearly states that applicants are allowed to file a lawsuit against the INS only when INS fail to render a decision within 120 days of conducting the interview. That means if the period of 120 days hasn't been passed yet after done with the interview, or if the interview never took place then a case against INS will be thrown out (dismissed) without a doubt even if it will be filed at first. Anyone can file a case against anyone, but that doesn't mean they would prevail or get the relief what they are looking for. Filing a lawsuit doesn't mean plaintiffs would definately and automatically going to win. Rather plaintiffs would need to prove their case based upon its merit, law and facts. And the cases of you guys lack all this.

As I said before that there is nothing could be done until 120 days are passed after the interview. That's why I said about relaxing in the meantime. If you don't agree with me then do whatever you want to do, but I can guarantee you that nothing will happen unless things fall by its own. And I was not discouraging anyone, nor I would achieve anything from discouraging people; rather I was just trying to save you the time/energy/efforts and probably money too AND I was also telling the fact and the law on this matter.

Awaiting of missing file is different than awaiting of background checks clearance. So, don't be confused on this. Do what please you. I regret answering to your postings before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been waiting for interview letter since 10/2006. Everytime when I called USCIS I was told my case is pending. One time I managed to talk to the IO on the 2nd level but the same thing again "case pending". They don't even tell me whether my case is stuck with FBI for name check or at USCIS for other fun processes. Same response when I did the Infopass.

How do you guys find out your case is actually with FBI for the honorable NC?
I don't ask too much but just want to know where my case is.

When you say "waiting since 10/2006" is that since you submitted your application, since 6 months after your PD (which is the "nominal" processing time), or since some event (like having your interview descheduled).

8 months isn't fast, but it isn't that long either. At some point (maybe 9 months after PD), you can ask the immigration aid at your congressman's local office to inquire on your behalf. They will be able to get an accurate statement of what is happening.

Here is my question

As I said before that there is nothing could be done until 120 days are passed after the interview. That's why I said about relaxing in the meantime. If you don't agree with me then do whatever you want to do, but I can guarantee you that nothing will happen unless things happen on its own. I was not discouraging anyone, nor I would achieve anything from discouraging people; rather I was trying to save you guys time/energy/efforts and probably money too AND I was just telling the fact and the law on this matter.

JohnyCash,
With all due respect, here is my question to you. As you are already aware of my situation. I was called for the interview in the third week of Jan but was never actually or technically interviewed. Ofcourse that tells me that my 120 day clock has not started. Now what does that mean? What do I do? Just sit tight, relax and enjoy the ride which to me feels very bumpy and uncomfortable. Please give me some kind of solution as you have been in this business for quite sometime now. Please believe me that my NC is cleared. I have also contacted my senator. No positive or encouraging response was given to me from his office. Where do I stand? On the other hand, I did get in touch with few good attorneys from GA and other states and they feel pretty confident that filing law suit (mandamus) would be the right thing to do, esp in my case. Why do you think that they will lie to me or give me false information especially when I have kn own them for number of years. But in your opinion, I should just wait, wait and wait....Correct me if I am wrong. Even I try and be little more patient, how long would you wait if you were in my shoes? These questions and concerns still remain unanswered.

Listen, I don't waste valuable time/energy/efforts of mine anymore on people who are not worth at all unlike in the past when I used to take the matter to its eternity and never lost any argument......

Johnny Cash, your postings are really useful. As per your checklist, I have assembled all docs for my case. Please do not get embarassed (no offense) by some comments, we need your thoughts again.

I agree

I agree with CTN400... JohnnyCash's postings are very useful and he is trying to help. We can't say he is negative, insteas he is realistic. Someone will always need his suggestions here.

I would like to thank to him one more time for all his helps...

Johnny Cash, your postings are really useful. As per your checklist, I have assembled all docs for my case. Please do not get embarassed (no offense) by some comments, we need your thoughts again.

I called USCIS customer service and asked to speak to an IO. IO was really nice. IO looked up my case and said it was unusual you were interviewed before name check cleranace. Said 2 of 3 portions of name ckeck was cleared. One was still pending Said I should call every 2-3 months to find out about status of name check. Hope this info is helpful to other people who have had interviews and still waiting for name checks.

Attn: JohnnyCash

Hi JohnnyCash,

I am still waiting for your response. I wrote you couple of days back and have not heard from you.

Thank you,

Atlanta_Brother

Johny Cash's Valuable Contributions to Forum.

Johny Cash,

Please remain in this forum as your knowledge and experience is guiding so many of us undergoing this process. People will say what people will say.

You are the light side of the force...the upside of the "Schwartz" if you will. Thanks for all your insight so far.

Best Regards,
-Jedi.Knight

Guys,

This is a forum for discussion of immigration matters, not a public forum for moral boosting. It would be better if you learn to digest information in a rational way rather than taking it as +ver or -ve or discouraging as you put it. I am surprised that after this blurting, you continue to ask Johnny Cash as to why he is not replying to your query!

Anyway good luck with your case.

Johnny Cash please continue to help those who seek advice on this forum. Your insights provide an inside view of things are very much appreciated:)

Hey worried2007,

You made my day, right on :) Yes I agree Johnnycash's negative advices were too much, atleast for me. Atleast I wasn't going to buy what he or she was saying and suggesting. I don't know why Johnnycash is discouraging us. Anyways, forget about it and let's think positive and I am very hopeful that things will workout for all of us who have been waiting patiently.
Again thank you for staying on top of this. Keep writing, it's nice to see people like you who care about other people as well. God bless you. Keep up the good work and stay out of trouble.

Hi brb2

Guys,

This is a forum for discussion of immigration matters, not a public forum for moral boosting. It would be better if you learn to digest information in a rational way rather than taking it as +ver or -ve or discouraging as you put it. I am surprised that after this blurting, you continue to ask Johnny Cash as to why he is not replying to your query!

brb2,

Seems like you didn't read my note carefully. I would suggest that you go back and read it again when you have time. Having just one track mind would not help you, trust me. What I had asked JohnnyCash was to give solution or let me know what he would have done if he was in my shoes. By just asking me and others to wait is not really solving anything. We all know that we have to wait but there should be some kind definition to this timeline. I mean, how long one should wait, weeks, months, years or forever. He unfortunately did not get back to me on that specific concern. FYI brb2, I have seen candidites winning lawsuit cases. They had similar situation as mine. Their interview was never conducted and their 120 days clock never even got started, so when JohnnyCash was not hopeful that I should file a lawsuit, I was really surprised. In short, we are all here to have open discussions. Nobody's comments or suggestions could be 100% right. We all learn from our experiences and mistakes.

Atlanta_brother

I was in no way alluding to JohnnyCash's advice or your judging your preferred approach. I was just saying you need to be able to take an opinion contrary to your own plans without becoming judgemental or emotional. As far as your own approach goes, I support that 100%. I would probably be more active on this and would not ask anyone's opinion. I thus understand your frustration. Not having any record or contact with the executive branch or judicial branch of the government it can be real frustrating to be stuck in this name check. Good luck and do keep up the postings as to how you are dealing with.

Lastly, when I first read your postings about file not received prior to interview it did go to my mind that file not received can be for several reasons including file not complete for all background checks as well. Thus file not received is a symptom but the cause could well be non completion of background checks.

Guys,

brb2,

Seems like you didn't read my note carefully. I would suggest that you go back and read it again when you have time. Having just one track mind would not help you, trust me. What I had asked JohnnyCash was to give solution or let me know what he would have done if he was in my shoes. By just asking me and others to wait is not really solving anything. We all know that we have to wait but there should be some kind definition to this timeline. I mean, how long one should wait, weeks, months, years or forever. He unfortunately did not get back to me on that specific concern. FYI brb2, I have seen candidites winning lawsuit cases. They had similar situation as mine. Their interview was never conducted and their 120 days clock never even got started, so when JohnnyCash was not hopeful that I should file a lawsuit, I was really surprised. In short, we are all here to have open discussions. Nobody's comments or suggestions could be 100% right. We all learn from our experiences and mistakes.

FWIW, I have been reading this bulletin since 9/2006. These are the things I have learned.
If you had the interview wait 120 days and file 1447.
If you haven't had the interview wait 1.5 year and file WOM.
None of these are guaranteed though.

I am still waiting for your response. I wrote you couple of days back and have not heard from you.

First of all, I don't answer to everyone's query/question, nor I'm obligated to. Rather I choose based upon my own preferences as to whom I would answer to. Thus, it doesn't matter to me if someone is being waiting for my response.

Second of all, I particularly don't answer to those whom I PERSONALLY find some kind of inettiquette. You MIGHT disagree on being inettiquette, but I unfortunately found otherwise in my judgement. For example, in the private message that you sent to me a week ago I didn't see a single word of PLEASE or THANK YOU despite of sending me a long and essay-typed private message. Let me quote the relevant part of it-"Let me know what your thoughts are on this and how do I proceed". In my opinion, whenever people ask someone to do something for them, then using of word like PLEASE and/or THANK YOU would be nice to show the gratitude; otherwise people don't owe anything to anyone on here to reply to them or help them, nor they are obligated to answer to anyone.

Also, one of your statements on this thread I find kinda offensive especially the way it was said. Let me quote that-"I don't why it's hard for you to digest that my NC is cleared". I don't need to digest anything and I can care less to whether your NC is cleared or not. I was just trying to tell you the truth that all these agencies lie. That's why I said that if I were you, I won't trust what they say about clearance on anything.

It happened to one of the members (Rahul) 2-3 yrs ago. FBI was telling him that his NC got cleared but then it was showing up otherwise with INS. And then there was another case wherein INS said to the person over the phone that everything was cleared but when the person went to interview he was told nothing was cleared and then his case got stuck in limbo for more than a year. So, in the light of all these facts, I wouldn't believe anything comes out of their mouth unless I get something in writing.

Besides, how can you prove that your NC is cleared? By words alone (whoever words that could be)? Do you have any letter from FBI (and not from anyone else) telling you such?? Matter of fact, I don't even know why you even initally talked about NC at first place in context to ur situation because even immigration officer didn't tell you anything about it; rather officer was crystal clear about awaiting of your original file.

However, I'm not disputing of you having used thank you word in your postings on here which made me to answer to you despite of having "disturbing" private message from you a week ago.

Thirdly, it's completely beyond my comprehension (and might anyone else too) that why in this world you have been waitng to hear my thoughts on your situation when you have said VERY CLEARLY that-

(1) You are not going to buy what I say/suugest. See what you said in one of your postings on this thread to another member-"Atleast I wasn't going to buy what he or she was saying and suggesting".

(2) My opinions/suggestions are negative and discouraging. See here what you have said to another member about my opinions/suggestions-"Yes I agree Johnnycash's negative advices were too much, atleast for me" + "I don't know why Johnnycash is discouraging us".

(3) You will going to file the lawsuit anyway. See what you said-"I will file law suit". That means my opinions are worthless and there is not sense for me to waste my time/energy/efforts in suggesting you anything because my opinions certainly won't refer to filing a lawsuit against INS, at least not now. I know for sure that you won't win a lawsuit against INS if you choose to file it now even though you might disagree with me by saying that others in a similiar situation of yours have filed the lawsuit. That's why I said to you to do whatever please you if you don't want to wait for a while at least 2 more months.

Surprising enough that you even had the audicity to ask me for my opinions and waited for my opinions after what you have previously said about my opinions.

Let me respond to your other statements as well-

" I have said million times and I will repeat myself again that I don't plan on sitting on this for the rest of my life just coz I don't qualify for that 120 day rule"

First off, nobody on here cares if you like to wait or not to take the matter in your hands. So, you to say that you have said millions times or even zillions of times about not waiting whole of your life means nothing than talking to deaf ears. Secondly, did I (or anyone else) tell you to wait and do nothing for the REST OF YOUR LIFE??? All I've said is that just give a time for INS to retrieve your original file. But if you don't want to wait then go ahead and do whatever you want. It's your life and your choice. I was just trying to tell you the reality indirect way that you won't prevail on a lawsuit, at least this stage of the game, as it's too early to find INS in fault even though you might say that it's been more than year you filed the application. Do a better search on recorded cases with courts on this situation to know the reality.

"In short, we are all here to have open discussions"

You made this comment to another member, but I just wanted you know that I'm NOT included in ALL over here when you say that "we are all here to have open discussions" because I'm not here for ANY discussion; rather I'm here to help people than having OPEN discusssion.

Anyway, I do know how to tackle/deal with your situation to nail it down, but I don't see any reason to tell you that because you have already pre-set your mind on filing a lawsuit and you also find my opinions negative. Lawsuit is not the answer to all the problems with INS. And you should also know that thousands of lawsuits are thrown out each year despite of being filed. Filing a lawsuit is one thing, but prevailing on that is another. Proceeding on a lawsuit also costs money and time, aside from energy/efforts/phychological stress. Choice is yours.

If you care to listen to me then it's my suggestion to you to wait another 2-3 months which shouldn't be a problem to you because you have been waiting for all this for a while anyway.

And I hope you will rest the matters which are not related to your specific concern and won't talk about unwarranted matters anymore. I've no intention to answer them any further.

Dear Johnny Cash,

im writing today to apoligize to you about wat i wrote previously , i was just really upset about things dragging and no glimpse of hope was showing from any side.

i understand what ur saying about not calling ur congressperson and things of that nature , but people survive and live on hope.

i know ur answers might be not what im planning to hear but they are just reality.

but when u r in this process , it feels like minutes are month and days are years.

again please accept my sincere apology and thanks on ur input.

Thank you JohnnyCash

Hello JohnnyCash,

First of all let me take this opportunity to thank you for taking out time to write to me and giving me your best advice. I really appreciate it. I would like to apologize to you just like worried2007 did. My situation is frustrating and this is why may be my mind was not set when I was writing or replying to you. In short, I will listen to your advice and be little more patient for another couple of months and see if I get an IL in the mail. Just to let you know that I also talked to the senator's office this morning and they also confirmed that my NC is cleared but FBI is still doing some further investigation. The senator's office has no idea about the timeline to when I will be rescheduled for an interview. All they could do is let me know my current status with FBI or USCIS. They really can't push them to expedite my process or in anyway close the case and get me the interview.
I am traveling to Pakistan tomorrow and plan on returning back at the end of the month. I am hoping by then, I will get some good news from USCIS.
Again thank you for all your help and time. Sorry if I got little personal and also for writing negative statements.
Keep up the good work :)
Regards,
Atlanta_Brother