name check

garemani

Registered Users (C)
It's really frustrating. I just called USCIS yesterday asking about my I-485 petition as their processing time is more than 30 days from the time I filed my petition. It took 40minutes for someone to pick up the phone and the result was simple! your name check is not here yet after 7 months!!! What the hell they are doing!??!?! how come they are not able to finish a name check process even in 7 months? I dont know what to do and I'm not sure if anything can be done? Anybody has a similar experience that can share? Is it possible to contact FBI and ask about the status? I faxed them an inquiry about my name check status 2 months ago but they never got back to me which actually I was expecting! any thoughts?!?!??!?!?

garemani said:
It's really frustrating. I just called USCIS yesterday asking about my I-485 petition as their processing time is more than 30 days from the time I filed my petition. It took 40minutes for someone to pick up the phone and the result was simple! your name check is not here yet after 7 months!!! What the hell they are doing!??!?! how come they are not able to finish a name check process even in 7 months? I dont know what to do and I'm not sure if anything can be done? Anybody has a similar experience that can share? Is it possible to contact FBI and ask about the status? I faxed them an inquiry about my name check status 2 months ago but they never got back to me which actually I was expecting! any thoughts?!?!??!?!?

FBI has almost stopped responding to individual requests. If they do they send standard replies and even this takes 5-6 months..so thats not really going to help. I am also contemplating future action as i found out that my name check is pending for 9 months. It is beyond my comprehension why it should take that long considering they have access to all possible information. All they need to do is search databases and even if they have to get paper records from local offices this much time cannot be justified.

Raj97 said:
FBI has almost stopped responding to individual requests. If they do they send standard replies and even this takes 5-6 months..so thats not really going to help. I am also contemplating future action as i found out that my name check is pending for 9 months. It is beyond my comprehension why it should take that long considering they have access to all possible information. All they need to do is search databases and even if they have to get paper records from local offices this much time cannot be justified.

Hi Raj97

When is the time we need to worry about name check? Please see below my signature for my details.

madgu-gc2005 said:
Hi Raj97

When is the time we need to worry about name check? Please see below my signature for my details.

I think if your namecheck is not cleared within couple of months of your filing of 1-485 it should be a cause of concern. As per FBI they resolve 85% of cases within 72 hours and majority of them in 2 months. Its just a matter of guess how long it will take beyond that. For you, your namecheck should have been clearerd by now. If it is not..you are stuck like us.
good luck and hope you are not stuck in it.

Raj97 said:
I think if your namecheck is not cleared within couple of months of your filing of 1-485 it should be a cause of concern. As per FBI they resolve 85% of cases within 72 hours and majority of them in 2 months. Its just a matter of guess how long it will take beyond that. For you, your namecheck should have been clearerd by now. If it is not..you are stuck like us.
good luck and hope you are not stuck in it.

How to find out Raj97 about my name check clearance? should I call USCIS? If so what are the information i need to have when i call them. what about my spouse name check? i need your feed back

Call USCIS to initiate a status inquiry. If your service center is TSC you can call TSC directly using POJ trick and get this information. Other options..get help from senator/congressman. they can contact FBI and get you the required information. You can do the same thing for your spouse too.

madgu-gc2005 said:
How to find out Raj97 about my name check clearance? should I call USCIS? If so what are the information i need to have when i call them. what about my spouse name check? i need your feed back

Raj97

like you I filed I140/I485 by end of September 05. I just found out my name check is still pending after >9 months. Let's hope this is still within normal range(< infinity).

w8ting4gc
looks like there is no normal range when it comes to namecheck. I am worried reading about cases stuck for years..hope this ordeal is over soon for both of us

Raj97

I just called my attorney, who told me that my NC has not been too long compared to other applicants. So far relatively few cases filed in Sept 05 have been approved. Hope my attorney is right.

My attorney also suggest that I do not conduct FOIA inquiry, since they need to pull out my case from the queue to conduct a search, which will only delay my NC by several months at least.

Raj97 said:
w8ting4gc
looks like there is no normal range when it comes to namecheck. I am worried reading about cases stuck for years..hope this ordeal is over soon for both of us

Don't trust your attorney for namecheck issues!!

w8ting4gc said:
Raj97

I just called my attorney, who told me that my NC has not been too long compared to other applicants. So far relatively few cases filed in Sept 05 have been approved. Hope my attorney is right.

My attorney also suggest that I do not conduct FOIA inquiry, since they need to pull out my case from the queue to conduct a search, which will only delay my NC by several months at least.
Do not relay on your attorney for namecheck issues...their only solution is 'hire me and sue them'!!! :eek:
In my opinion, everyone, who is stuck in namecheck should have FOIPA report for their defense. This is a basic requirement when you request someone for help. You could quote this report and make your case more stronger. FOIPA request will not affect your NC because they are handled by two separate departments.
Good luck!

Hi,

I got the I-485 transfer Notice today from VSC saying the following

Case type: I-485
Applicant : A*******
RD: Sept. 2005
ND: July 13, 2006
Notice type: Transfer Notice

Preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS office at:

Nebraska Service Center, P.O. Box *** Lincoln, NE

That office will notify you when they schedule and interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

Here is my question

My I-140 EB-1A pending at NSC and what is the meaning of preliminary processing has been completed? (do they mean the security check including name check?) anybody has any idea about this kind of notice. Please shed some light.

Ok! I initially started this thread! Just to let everybody know that today I got an email from USCIS that my I-485 is pending because they didnt get my namecheck back from FBI! They suggested to call back in 6 months to see if there is any update...this is really stupid!