Name check

jsyamala

Registered Users (C)
My husband is from India and we completed our interview for the green card in March and are still waiting for the process to be completed. We heard that they are waiting on a "name check." At the time, they said it shouldn't take any longer than a month and it has been almost 3 months now.
What do we do if his EAD expires before the green card comes through? Is there anything we can do, when you call, all they say is to call again in 6 months if you haven't heard anything. I'm also thinking that with this immigration reform stuff happening, this will make it even harder to get this green card if the system becomes even more overloaded. Help!

J Syamala

jsyamala said:
My husband is from India and we completed our interview for the green card in March and are still waiting for the process to be completed. We heard that they are waiting on a "name check." At the time, they said it shouldn't take any longer than a month and it has been almost 3 months now.
What do we do if his EAD expires before the green card comes through? Is there anything we can do, when you call, all they say is to call again in 6 months if you haven't heard anything. I'm also thinking that with this immigration reform stuff happening, this will make it even harder to get this green card if the system becomes even more overloaded. Help!

J Syamala

If your husband wants to continue working, he should renew his EAD. This is the most uncertain phase of the AOS process, being stuck in FBI namecheck and you never know when it will be cleared.

If his EAD is getting near the expiration, unfortunately he must take the hard decision to spend more money and renew it or wait to see if his name check is clear out.

Unfortunately there is not too much to do when is about the FBI name check, some people has contact their congresswo/men about it.

I answer you PM...go to Forms and Fees of uscis.gov (at your left on the home page) and go for I-765 to see the current fee.

Good luck,