Name Check

it_guy

Registered Users (C)
HI, guys any thoughts on FBI name check issues? I e-mailed, faxed and tried to call FBI to find out what is going on with my name check last week. nothing happened so far, except waitting, whatelse we can do to push to have this problems solved? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

FP July 2003, still watting name check result.
I140 / I485 ND 5/20/2003 PENDING

No response from FBI

The same thing happened to me. Concurrent Filing RD 4/17/03. FP expired. Emailed to FBI. No response.

Please update if you get a response back. I called the same number and the lady said they are not accepting any faxes now, only emails. She asked me to wait for a few week as they are lagging behind on the emails.

I got a fax today that my name check was done on Dec 23rd 2002. How many times is the name check done? ..Is it more than once like FP?

chains2 said:
I got a fax today that my name check was done on Dec 23rd 2002. How many times is the name check done? ..Is it more than once like FP?
chains2,
would you please give more detail? when did you ask the FBI, by fax or email or phone?
Thanks

Name check.

Guys, mine is filed in March 03, done FP in May,no 140 or 485 approval seen. Status did not change change from pending review to anything else. Is this means the name check has not done. How long is the first FP valid for? I did not receivce second FP. Very confused how to proceed. My so called company lawyer is of no use in this matter. I sent and mail to FBI for the name check response, any idea from any of you how long they take to reply back. Please can any of you help me in what way I expedite this process. :confused: :mad: :(

Thanks guys

chains2,
1.When did u send the name check request. Fax or email?
2. What message is displayed on ur 485?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Radsum for your response.

I did e-mailed to FBI two days back. When I called the lady on the FBI line she told they are not accepting the fax or over the phone information only email.

My 485 finger print is given on May 16 and the message says Pending Review.

radsam said:
chains2,
1.When did u send the name check request. Fax or email?
2. What message is displayed on ur 485?

Thanks.

I faxed a name check request on September 15th and got a fax from them on Oct 13th.

The message displayed for my I485 case is ....
----------------------
On September 10, 2002, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.
----------------------