Name check VICTIMS ONLY

I think those who have been in NC for 2.5-3 years should definitely file WoM. I filed mine 3 weeks ago. Although I used an attorney it's not so hard to do it pro se. I have really little hope that FBI would streamline this process any time soon, meanwhile EAD and AP fees just doubled, and last august 800,000 more people filed I-485, which means so many new NC requests to the FBI, and considering the fact that they have no order in processing NC's, you'll never be cleared unless you sue them. I seriously think all of us should file WoM. And who cares if they have only 30 people in the NC department? They'll just stop sleeping and bathing and damn well serve court orders 24 hours a day, instead. ;)

Michael A. Cannon
Section Chief
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division
US Department of Justice
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20535-0001

I think those who have been in NC for 2.5-3 years should definitely file WoM. I filed mine 3 weeks ago. Although I used an attorney it's not so hard to do it pro se. I have really little hope that FBI would streamline this process any time soon, meanwhile EAD and AP fees just doubled, and last august 800,000 more people filed I-485, which means so many new NC requests to the FBI, and considering the fact that they have no order in processing NC's, you'll never be cleared unless you sue them. I seriously think all of us should file WoM. And who cares if they have only 30 people in the NC department? They'll just stop sleeping and bathing and damn well serve court orders 24 hours a day, instead. ;)

WoM makes sense only if visa numbers are available. For a lot of people, namecheck delay is inconsequential.