Name check stuckers, let us meet here

zli1014

Registered Users (C)
My name check is stuck in FBI since 01/03/2003, my I485 was filed on 11/18/2002. I learned from this forum that there are some other friends having the similiar situation with me. Would you please post your case here and let see if there is any progress on this and what we can do. I am from China.

Thanks

Here is the very helpful link

FBI Name check
Mine name check was just completed last week after sitting in FBI for 20 months. You can search this forum to find more information. I'm from China too.

zli1014 said:
My name check is stuck in FBI since 01/03/2003, my I485 was filed on 11/18/2002. I learned from this forum that there are some other friends having the similiar situation with me. Would you please post your case here and let see if there is any progress on this and what we can do. I am from China.

Thanks

I am struck since 12/31/03. I suspect USCIS requested it for the second time (after my RFE in Dec 03) since my RD is April 02, and my wife's was cleared 12/30/02.

Thanks and more info

Dear Fellow:

Thank you so much for your response and valuable info. Did you do anything to expedite its process? Any suggestions to my case will be great appreciated it.I just moved in here from MI, I am wondering if you could email me your contact info that I can talk to you. My email is: janechen0430@yahoo.com

Thanks and best regards

texasbig said:
FBI Name check
Mine name check was just completed last week after sitting in FBI for 20 months. You can search this forum to find more information. I'm from China too.

Hi,

How did you come to know that your file is stuck for name check,

because for me when I enter online my LIN... number, it shows standard message since last 2 years.

please let me know.

Thanks,

Name Check

My name is also stuck in Name check. from LONG LONG time. My status is not changed since i did my Finger print.

My filing date is in Jan.02

Piyushind

Contact FBI

To contact FBIU to get name check status, you either fax the request at(202)324-3367 or email to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov
You need tell them your name, Date of birth, LIn# and Alia#, your contact info.

Thanks and good luck. INS is working fine, now. Most of the cases are stuck in FBI.

Do we need Lin # to submit too.
The Lin# you are talking about is 485 case number right(for CSC it should be WAC number)

I found in some threads that we donot need.

comments please

Comments

Yes, I do mean 485 case number for LIN#.
It might not be necessary to put LIN# there, but it will not hurt.
Good Luck!

Ananya123 said:
Do we need Lin # to submit too.
The Lin# you are talking about is 485 case number right(for CSC it should be WAC number)

I found in some threads that we donot need.

comments please

The same over here. The online message never changed from day 1 even after FP1 was done in Dec'2002. Faxed a request to FBI for name check status on July 23, yet to receive a reply. Called NSC for FP2 and mentioned that it is more than 20 months from FP1 but was told that they will send FP2 only if required. Looks like either the case papers are lost or stuck up in name check from jan 2003.

I485 - RD -Nov 04,2002

Can I ask which country are you from? Looks like there is a bumper in Jan of 2003.

nov2002 said:
The same over here. The online message never changed from day 1 even after FP1 was done in Dec'2002. Faxed a request to FBI for name check status on July 23, yet to receive a reply. Called NSC for FP2 and mentioned that it is more than 20 months from FP1 but was told that they will send FP2 only if required. Looks like either the case papers are lost or stuck up in name check from jan 2003.

I485 - RD -Nov 04,2002

Same Here

nov2002 said:

I485 - RD -Nov 04,2002

My LUD never change after i did my FP1 back in FEB 2002. Since then it never changed. Called NSC thousand times and same reply. They said if USCIS need your Second FP then they will send you notice otherwise you might not need 2nd FP. So just wait & watch.

Anyway keep praying to get approved sooner.

Piyushind
RD 01/07/02
ND 01/10/02
FP 02/26/02
AD ??/??/????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

in the same boat

My case has also been stuck at the FBI name check:

I filed I-485 in Nov 2001
Name check has been pending at FBI since
Jan 2003 -- 21 MONTHS until now
... all efforts to get more info in vein so far ...

Guys,

Can someone post the letter format to request the FBI for the name check info. I want to send them email. Mine is also stuck for a long time. I filed mine in sep 2002. No message change yet...!

Thanks.