Name check stuck after first lady's help

Won't work

Sorry to burst people's bubble. But as I have been saying all along, letters to the Congressmen, Senators, FL, FM, SL or even SM will not expedite anyone's namechecks. The way USCIS works (no rhyme or reason nor pattern), when someone's case is adjudicated it is pure coincidence at best.

Namecheck is the bogyman of the times. USCIS can get away with all of it's laziness, incompetence, sheer lack of apathy for people's plight, as long as it can hide behind national security. Not to mention that these delayed name checks are themselves a hazard to the national security as they needlessly take away much needed resources from the job of safeguarding the homeland.

Nobody in his/her right mind would pursue your application and expedite it with USCIS if they say it is in the interest of national security. Do you think a politician would do that for an immigrant who cannot even vote for him/her?

Just my 2 cents! :(

Ohh... not that I am against it, just BTW, please be aware that if you pursue WOM, it won't mean that your application will be adjudicated in your favor. It just forces the USCIS to process your application. For all practical purposes USCIS can immediately adjudicate and reject the application. See my other post regarding WOM at:

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=265200

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an LUD on my 485 and when I called a customer service representative told me they need additional processing in my case and to contact them in 2 months. When will this saga end? I've written to the 1st Lady and my Congresswoman's office is checking with FBI...but no movement yet...

Matchpoint, how long did FBI take to respond. did you send email or postal letter. please let me know the details.

mine is also stuck . I wrote to first lady in late June 2007. I got
the "in process" letter from FBI on September 28th 2007. It says
that the namecheck was started on September 13th 2006
and is currently "in process". Mine is EB2 -row ......pending since august
31st 2006. girlscout , maybe you should open Service Request now....

How many people are still stuck in name check after receiving a letter from FBI quoting "your letter to the first lady..."? Please comment.

I have been stuck in the name check since 2004. I sent a letter to the first lady in early June 2007. I received a letter from FBI in early August 2007 quoting that letter . As of today (september 27 2007) my name check is still pending. I know this from Infopass.

How soon will my name check be done? :confused: In the letter from FBI they said my name check is "in process". I thought within a month or two from the FBI letter my name check would be finished. Anyone beyond the two month-frame is still waiting ?

THANKS!

I sent the First class postal mail to First Lady around May 2007 and I got replied from FbI in Sep 2007, says it is in progress