Name Check Status

luck_2005

Registered Users (C)
I have filed 140/485 on Dec 23rd 2004. I got 140 approved. I am also part of Retrogessed countries. I called senator offce last week to request status inquiry on FBI Name Check. I don't know whether my name is stuck or not. The lady took all my details including 485 receipt number. I clearly told i just want to know the status of Name Check. She called today saying everything is cleared and waiting for visa number. But she got this information from Vermont Center not from FBI.

Anyone has any idea whether Vermont customer service has access to Name Check status results...I read somewhere they don't know..

If anyone have similar experience please let me know..please

What does it show from your online status then? Hasn't it already shown that you've passed the name check?

My husband got a updated message last month as:

"On ***, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received...."

We assume that his background check is done.

However, mine still hasn't changed. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction Uranus...

Fingerprinting and Name Check are two different things. There is no online way to check whether Name Check is cleared or not. There are some rumors that FBI is planing to have a web hosting for Name check for GC applicants.

TIA

Yes, once your name check is done, the result is sent back to VSC. So national service center does not have the result, but VSC does. So congratulations on this step.

This is an interesting issue. Can someone confirm the fact that if you DO NOT receive this message:

"On ***, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received...."

then it means that your name check is stuck?

Let us know.

Seems like your name check came through!!!

Congrats. Looks like you cleared the big hurdle. Now just hold tight for the visa numbers to be available.

BTW can you post your details? ie when you got your FP done etc.

luck_2005 said:
I have filed 140/485 on Dec 23rd 2004. I got 140 approved. I am also part of Retrogessed countries. I called senator offce last week to request status inquiry on FBI Name Check. I don't know whether my name is stuck or not. The lady took all my details including 485 receipt number. I clearly told i just want to know the status of Name Check. She called today saying everything is cleared and waiting for visa number. But she got this information from Vermont Center not from FBI.

Anyone has any idea whether Vermont customer service has access to Name Check status results...I read somewhere they don't know..

If anyone have similar experience please let me know..please

supply_demand said:
Congrats. Looks like you cleared the big hurdle. Now just hold tight for the visa numbers to be available.

BTW can you post your details? ie when you got your FP done etc.

I had FP done on 4/22 and 5/2 it says FP Recevied . Nothing after that..
on 10/06 my 140 is approved. so waiting for visa number...i know i have to wait next few months/ years...i thought let me call senator about the name check..not sure how reliable this..i wish your words are true..i will keep fingers crossed.

I called VSC too

They told me my name check has been cleared and waiting for visa number. My PD will become current December 1. I am keeping my figures cross and hope the VSC rep was telling the truth.

Please Clarify

Hi Mhe,
I am also from Retrogressed country (INDIA) and your last message says that - you got a confirmation from VSC representative after talking to them that your name check was cleared . What is the latest online status message being displayed on your case ? Does it say that "Fingerprinting results have been received and processing resumed " - Can we assume that the big black hole of "FBI Name check" has been passed ? Actually my status is also showing that "Finger printing results received" and my PD will also become current next month ? Your message gives me a big hope that some thing might happen for us in near future . Please confirm your idea .

Different message

sandipkarmakar1 said:
Hi Mhe,
I am also from Retrogressed country (INDIA) and your last message says that - you got a confirmation from VSC representative after talking to them that your name check was cleared . What is the latest online status message being displayed on your case ? Does it say that "Fingerprinting results have been received and processing resumed " - Can we assume that the big black hole of "FBI Name check" has been passed ? Actually my status is also showing that "Finger printing results received" and my PD will also become current next month ? Your message gives me a big hope that some thing might happen for us in near future . Please confirm your idea .

When I spoke to the rep, I asked him whether all my security check had been cleared, he told me yes and he said all I need was just a visa number. My message actually said something about "On June 22, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence ....." since I had a REF. Since my case had been delayed by the Name Check for long time, I really hope the rep was telling me the truth. But I am not 100% sure.