Name check status -- please post

Rajeev Gupta

Sorry and scary to see u'r I-485 RD and you still being stuck in Name Check.
When I contacted Congressman recently I recently came to know Name means checking a lot more databses which also include a security clearance.

My I-140 RD is Mar 2001 and I-485 RD is Dec 2005. I sincerely hope we do not have to wait that long, but then...

I will also be interested in knowing whta ar the steps involved, name check, security clerance etc and what order they being done. I guess teh only way toknow is from the FBI or from the congressman/senators help. I recently contacted them and will ask them eventually what is being done as part of name check. Do not want to ask them all at once as they are atleast proactive in calling me back and letting me know.

Rajeev, any idea why your name check is stuck for so long. I am sure your name is very common, but other than that any other info your are willing to share. Send me a private msg if you wish. On my part I had a DUI, when I went to India for stamping, had to disclose that, wait for a month to get that cleared. So when I went back for stamping after my FP were cleared and after a month, when I filled DS-156 I answered YES to VISA being ever rejected (assuming the first time I went was VISA rejection, not sure if it is VISA rejection, but answered so at that time), Not sure if that is causing any delay for me know. Anyways contact me to see if we can chart out how to proceed with congressman to get atleast an estimate of the process and how long it is gonna take to enter GC land and also share your case details to see why it is taking so long time.

MI2_Chimera

I think since FBI sent results back to INS, you can contact INS to expedite your case or chekc the status. Also you can contact congressman/sentaor to request them to contact INS to expedite the same.

Congrats, atleast you gour name check result sent back, that's a huge huge step forward.