Name check status -- please post

LCSilence

Registered Users (C)
A lot of us on the board GC process stuck on name check. Mine 485 RD is July 1st 2003, and Name check is still pending. Please post your name check status, so at least we have some ideas of what is going on at FBI. For the lucky ones that have their names cleared, please post the request sent date and complete date.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
What steps have you taken so far to clear your name check? Do you need to send letter/ email/ phone to FBI? Can you give me address/ email/ phone to contact?

My 485 is stuck since August 2004 and USCIS suggests that it is stuck due to pending name check.

Appreciate your help in suggesting next steps to be taken at my end.

Got response from fbi

Requested the status of my name check in Nov and Dec 2004.FBI responded back on April 21,2005 that the process had been complete and sent the results to USCIS. It took a while for them to process.But still waiting

Sent an email in feb'05 to FBI regarding NameCheck Status,No Response from them so far.
Called today Customer Service in the morning regarding FP Results and asked about Name Check Status, Rep Said he don't know anything about it.

I think i have to wait one more month to get the reply from FBI.

MI2_Chimera said:
Requested the status of my name check in Nov and Dec 2004.FBI responded back on April 21,2005 that the process had been complete and sent the results to USCIS. It took a while for them to process.But still waiting

RD is Dec 2002. Name check is pending. Did an inquiry and received the usual dumb response saying case is pending service consideration. Did an inquiry through AILA and the response was case is delayed due to security checks.

Did wrting to FBI really help any body except knowing the status ?.

RD1202

March 2003. Still waiting for a name check results.
VSC responce: case delayed - pending security checks.

Sent letters to FBI in April 05 - requesting name check status and FOIPA - no responses yet.

EB1-OR
I140/I485
RD: 03-26-2003

curious. Did your FP result reached USCIS if so please update your signature. I did the FP on the same day. Thanks.

eb3_485 said:
Sent an email in feb'05 to FBI regarding NameCheck Status,No Response from them so far.
Called today Customer Service in the morning regarding FP Results and asked about Name Check Status, Rep Said he don't know anything about it.

I think i have to wait one more month to get the reply from FBI.

Security check pending...........

Today I called VSCS through NSC. Rep. said security check is not complete. they have no control on this.
Don't know when Security check will complete...... :mad:
Security check request is pending since June28,2004.
:mad:

PD Dec2001
I140/I485 PD June16,2004
FP-4/5/2005, LUD-4/15/2005 (Rcd. FP), 4/21/05 ????

July 18th,2003

LCsilence,

I am totally with u. Same here filed I485 on 07/18/03. Name check pending. Sent email to FBI on Feb 24th, 2005, no response so far. Sent FOIA letter in March and got response of no record in a couple of weeks.

I think so. I though Name check is just checking FBI databases. When contacted my congressman their office said receiving 'no records' FOIPA response from FBI does not mean everything, they check a lot more databses and I think there is a security clearance also. Was so disappointing to learn all that.

Waiting for Name Check results.

I am waiting for name check reults since feb 24 2005. This was the day when i was interviewed for my 485. The officer told me that my name check is pending and the decision will be made when the results are available. Then i had sent fbi an email requesting about the status of name check. i am still waiting for it.

I called VSC (1800-375-5283) and spoke to a VSC person. My 485 ND is 12/2003 and FP done on 03/16/05. LUD changed on 3/28. I had called earlier in the last week of March'05 to check if my FP results have been recd. Looks like they've records of each call we make. She told that I knew abt. my FP results and said that I have to rely on the website for my latest update. I asked her abt. security check, name check with FBI. This was her reply :- 'You shd. be looking at the website for status checks'. I had to anyway update my address change, so I asked her to do that and she did that.

Now, from many of your posts, I find that you found out abt. name check from USCIS. Which number did you all call and what did you ask the USCIS rep?

Worst case - probably

485 RD December 2001. Contacted Senator, found out that my file is with FBI for security clearance. Can we do something to expedite security check?

Does security check mean that name check is already done? Do they follow any order?