Name check Status FBI working on Email received early November

PhoneNo plz

zipper said:
i called FBI to enquire abt my email sent on Dec 20

I have sent an email ,FAX to FBI on Nov13th2004,so far i have not received any reply from them.

Could you send FBI Contact phone no?

Thx

So I gave you a wrong number...

Here is the right number (202) 324-3625.

A week before X'mas I called, the lady told me they are working on email received in Oct 21. In mid January, I called again, she told me they are working on the email received in Oct 18. And she has no clue on who told me about Oct 21.

And two minutes ago, I called again, she told me they are still working on the email from Oct, what a nightmare! :mad: Why it takes so long for them to reply those emails!

I got a letter from FBI to answer my FOIPA inquiry. Of course the letter indicates there is no record in FBI database in accordance with me name. I just wonder why they have been taking for more than 2 years to clear my name check. Weird.

Hi rogertt2003:

"No record in FBI database" - Does it mean name check is cleared for you? When did you send the request to them? Did you get a postal mail or email reply?

Thanks,
Nebraskan.

I sent FOIPA request on Jan. 10 and get reply in mail on FEB. 4. At the moment I am sure if they have my name check cleared but hope they do.

I agree that FOIPA would not be counted as a tool against FBI as they can have thousands of excause to say the name check is different. But at least for me to undertand there is no major hit that will hold my name check clearing.

Unitednations, did you have your name check cleared? I sent two emails to inquiry the status on Nov and Jan 05, haven't seen the replies yet.

How Can I Contact The Fbi?

Hi:

My congressman, on my behalf, inquired about my case last month. I was told that I am stuck at "security clearance." IS that the same as name check?

If so, can you please send me

a) why contacting the FBI can help (can it hurt?)
b) What is their email?
c) I got the phone number--but what do I do when I call? What exactly am I asking for? Whether my name has been cleared or not? Is that it?
d) Will the FBI have more information than, say, the morons at USCIS Information Hotline--who have NO information AT ALL?

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------
EB1/I-485: March 2003/FP1: April 2002, FP2: November 2004/AD: Who the hell knows.