Name Check / Senate Experience?

james_gmail

Registered Users (C)
HI, I asked congressman/senate to help me check name check status for three times. For the first two times, they got response exactly in 6 weeks as they required. Last time, however, it took 8 weeks already we didnot get any response yet.

Anyone has this kind of experience? I hope it is because they are working on my name check.

HI, I asked congressman/senate to help me check name check status for three times. For the first two times, they got response exactly in 6 weeks as they required. Last time, however, it took 8 weeks already we didnot get any response yet.

Anyone has this kind of experience? I hope it is because they are working on my name check.

I think the delay is likely because of huge influx of new I-485 applications in the past two months. USCIS is backlogged everwhere, including follow-ups to congressional inquiries. But who knows, they may actually be working on your namecheck.

The congressman made the inqury to FBI instead of INS on my behalf.
Anyone got response from congressman that their name check is completed after long waiting.

I am trying to find whether the following is true:
If FBI responds to the congressman inqury in 6 weeks (or timeframe defined by the congressman), then probably the name check is not completed.
If FBI responds to the inqury more than required by the congressman, then probably they are working on the name check and it is going to be completed.