Name check result is back from FBI.

ImmigrateMe

Registered Users (C)
I got an email from FBI saying my name check was done and result was forwarded to USCIS Washinton DC. It didn't say what the result is.

Question: Should the result be forwarded to California Service Center or Washington DC? Does DC mean there was a problem in the result? I am 1000% sure my record should be clean. But I have a very common name, it could mess me up.

ND: Nov. 2001

I'm waiting also, sent request to FBI on Nov 2, 2004.
I think we should start a new thread to track the Name Check inquiry, and Name Check itself.

how to contact FBI for name check?

Can anyone post a sample format of the message and the address of FBI?

Thanks.

ImmigrateMe said:
Late Oct. 04.

Hi ImmigrateMe,

What is your 485 RD?
Was your Name Check ever pending when you sent request to FBI in late Oct 2004?

Keep us posted how thing's going.

Good luck

I sent a Email enquirey to FBI on Nov 03' 04. I am still waiting to hear from them. Can anyone tell what will be the sender's address and subject in the mail from FBI? I am going through all my Bulk mail folder too(Yahoo!) incase if it was generated from automated system.

bsus said:
Hi ImmigrateMe,

What is your 485 RD?
Was your Name Check ever pending when you sent request to FBI in late Oct 2004?

Keep us posted how thing's going.

Good luck

Yes, it has been pending for almost two years.

Can you please share the email address & format..please...

ceejay said:
I sent a Email enquirey to FBI on Nov 03' 04. I am still waiting to hear from them. Can anyone tell what will be the sender's address and subject in the mail from FBI? I am going through all my Bulk mail folder too(Yahoo!) incase if it was generated from automated system.

To: xxxx

Dear xxxx

I am responding to your e-mail dated xxx requesting status
for an FBI Name Check.

Sincerely yours,

David M. Hardy, Chief/***
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division

Can you post the format in which to send the inquiry mail to FBI

Can you also include their email address

What other way to Contact FBI?

Just called Emergency number and she told me that my name check is pending since June 2004 though my wife’s name check is cleared long ago. She told me to contact FBI and ask them to expedite my case. She said calling FBI is worth while but don’t know their numbers. Does any one know their phone numbers? I emailed them about a month ago but got no response even for my wife’s case.
485 LUD 1/10/05, 2/25/05 (EAD approved on 2/28/05)
Name Check pending since June 2004

Received the 2nd FP notice in the mail three weeks ago. Did the 2nd FP on the scheduled time a week ago. Hopefully got approval soon. Will update you guys when that happens.

WAC02-046

What all to include in the email

Hi gcsoon:
What all do we need to include when sending the email..

Case Approved.

After 3.5 year of waiting for I-485 approval, our case fininally got approved. My name check was held up for 2 years. Did 2nd FP on March 2nd, 05, got USCIS auto generated email about approval on 4/22/05.

It has been a 4.5-year journey. It finally ended. As I was reading the approval email, my eyes were watering. I couldn't believe my eyes. It almost seems I am dreaming.

I have a very very common name, both first and last name. That is why my name check took so long.

I wish everyone good luck. If old case like mine got approved, yours will be soon.

ImmigrateMe
WAC02-046-5xxxx

ImmigrateMe said:
After 3.5 year of waiting for I-485 approval, our case fininally got approved. My name check was held up for 2 years. Did 2nd FP on March 2nd, 05, got USCIS auto generated email about approval on 4/22/05.

It has been a 4.5-year journey. It finally ended. As I was reading the approval email, my eyes were watering. I couldn't believe my eyes. It almost seems I am dreaming.

I have a very very common name, both first and last name. That is why my name check took so long.

I wish everyone good luck. If old case like mine got approved, yours will be soon.

ImmigrateMe
WAC02-046-5xxxx

ImmigrateMe,

If you don't mind can you please send me a private email about the last name you have ? I think I too have a very common name and i feel that is what is causing the namecheck problem for me too.

Thanks,
Sonpapdi

sonpapdi said:
ImmigrateMe,

If you don't mind can you please send me a private email about the last name you have ? I think I too have a very common name and i feel that is what is causing the namecheck problem for me too.

Thanks,
Sonpapdi

I just enabled Private Message and Receive email mode in my user profile. You can send me an email. My first name is a common last name, my last name is also a common first name. So many time people make mistake on it.