Name Check - Resposne from Senator's office

gc_man

Registered Users (C)
I contacted a Senator regarding the pending name check for my 485. In couple of weeks, got a response from their office having a copy of the response from FBI. FBI says:

"With reference to the name check status request for your constituent Mr. XXX DOB XX/XX/XX, we did a search in the Name check database. Mr. XX's name check request was received on Dec 8, 2003 and it was completed today i.e. July 28th, 2005. The results of the same will be sent to the USCIS headquarters in Washington D.C via a magnetic tape in the week of August 1st. "

What can I make of this, should i wait for the next one week and ping the senator's office again. I hope the magnetic tape finally reaches the USCIS office...Any body any inputs...

Congrats ! You are almost there. Can you tell us what was the name of your senator. I have written to my local senator and was hoping that we have the same senator.

I too get similar email!!

I didn’t involve senator or congressperson but send several fax/postal mail/email to FBI for requesting to expedite the name check process and I too get the similar mail on July 29th.
===========================================
A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning XXX revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on June 7, 2004 and it was completed on July 28, 2005. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters in Washington DC.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning XXX (spouse) revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on June 7, 2004 and it was completed on June 8, 2004. <-- (Just in one day)

The results were forwarded and faxed to the USCIS Headquarters in Washington DC requesting them to notify your Local Office.
Email format is little different than what gc_man got. One of the differences is magnetic tape and fax!! Any idea how long it takes from here? Does any one recommend to follow-up with USCIS local office at this stage?
I wish other cases will also follow this soon.
--------------------------------
I-485 RD - May 19, 2004
FP – July 7, 2004

dear gc_man

Can you please post details of how you contacted senator Boxer.
I am stuck in name check and is it sufficient if i mail the form to her office
in san francisco:

"CASEWORK: GET HELP CONTACTING OR WORKING WITH A FEDERAL AGENCY
Case information and privacy release form" ?

Please let me know if you did the same or took some other path.

Congratulations on getting your name check cleared.

I-485 RD 05/03
3 EAD /AP
2 FP's 1 Biometrics.
Please suggest.

getnkk,
I used the same format that Boxer's office has posted on their website. In the description I had filled in all my pains and stories. Just signed it and faxed it at their SFO office number. Its better to call them on their phone number to ask the fax number. I think the person provided me a different number other than what is posted on their website.
They take two weeks to register your case in their system and then they will call you in case they have any questions. One case worker is assigned to your case and he will followup with apporporate agency.

I am hoping that the magnetic tape that they mentioned finally is readable and is able to be updated in their database. Else it will be another story.....

Do you think its necessary to wait for a year for the name check before contacting senitors? Mine has been sitting on this name check for 3 months, 140 has been approved already. thanks for your input.

kuoweiwang,
I suggest to go ahead and do whatever it takes right now. There is no clear directions on this but one thing I could sense that all those who put in their efforts are paid off. You can pick any route like senator, lawyer or yourself but put in sustain efforts without loosing your heart and I am sure you will be there soon.

lingeron said:
I didn’t involve senator or congressperson but send several fax/postal mail/email to FBI for requesting to expedite the name check process and I too get the similar mail on July 29th.
A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning XXX revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on June 7, 2004 and it was completed on July 28, 2005. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters in Washington DC.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning XXX (spouse) revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on June 7, 2004 and it was completed on June 8, 2004. <-- (Just in one day)

The results were forwarded and faxed to the USCIS Headquarters in Washington DC requesting them to notify your Local Office.
Email format is little different than what gc_man got. One of the differences is magnetic tape and fax!! Any idea how long it takes from here? Does any one recommend to follow-up with USCIS local office at this stage?
I wish other cases will also follow this soon.
--------------------------------
I-485 RD - May 19, 2004
FP – July 7, 2004

Hi lingeron,

Can you please provide the postal mail address and the fax number that you used to fax your expedition request to the FBI. I have the email address.

Thanks

Here you go..

William L Hooton
Assistant Director, Records Management Division
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Room 11703
935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W
Washington DC 20535-0001

Michael A. Cannon
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division
Washington DC 20535-0001

Director,
FBI Headquarters
Fax: (202) 324 3367

email: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

Phone no: 202-324-2399 You may not get proper response. But its worth a try!

Do you know where Mr. Hardy fit in all this ?

QUOTE=lingeron]Here you go..

William L Hooton
Assistant Director, Records Management Division
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Room 11703
Washington DC 20535-0001

Michael A. Cannon
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Washington DC 20535-0001

Director,
FBI Headquarters
Fax: (202) 324 3367

email: fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov

Phone no: 202-324-2399 You may not get proper response. But its worth a try![/QUOTE]

Hey gc_man,
Have you contacted USCIS after your name check done? I got response from Div XII that national USCIS database didn't receive that information even after a week. Since we both cleared on July 28, I assume a single tape carry our information to USCIS and FBI email sounds like tape transfer is from DC to DC only. Loosing such information is more dangerous than no name check done.

I haven't contacted them yet

Lingeron,
No I haven't contacted the USCIS yet. The 800 number is useless since those guys just don't give you any info. Emergency number is only for attorneys so I can't do anything. What other method?
BTW: I called Senator's office last week asking how long should i wait before bothering them again. The guy told me to wait for 1 month, which means he asked me to call hhim back after 1st september if I don't hear anything back from USCIS.
Do you think there is a way I can speak to somebody in USCIS about the result thing?

Dear Lingeron,

when did you send email to FBI? I sent email to FBI in April 05 and have not received any response yet. thanks!

lingeron said:

Hi GC_MAN/ Lingeron,

Can you please provide the sample FORM that your sent to Senator BOXER.
I am also stuck with FBI name check since 18 months.

I searched boxer web site and could not findout. Please send me the link if you have or Can you please provide Sample form and FAX number to expedite my name chek process.

Thanks in adavance,
ssrk.

Thank you very much GC_MAN for your quick response.

Just we need to fill this form and send it to Boxer's office in a regular mail or need to fax them also ?

SSRK.