Name Check pending status from USCIS

Toxsci said:
NC and FP are different..generally they are initiated at different times too..please check the attached file in the following thread for details..
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=215932

Good luck!

TOxsci,

One general question, about NC and FP in general.

Does the quickness of the NC and FP depend on which state you are in, although I-485 is not state based ?

I ask this question because I hear from friends that have gotten through NC and FP quicker than some others and there is no other explanation I could find other than that they are from different states.

Could it be that the NC request is forwarded from the main FBI office to its local State FBI office and hence the quickness of the NC and FP finally depending on how quick the local FBI office takes action ??

Last edited by a moderator:
misunderstood said:
TOxsci,

One general question, about NC and FP in general.

Does the quickness of the NC and FP depend on which state you are in, although I-485 is not state based ?

I ask this question because I hear from friends that have gotten through NC and FP quicker than some others and there is no other explanation I could find other than that they are from different states.

Could it be that the NC request is forwarded from the main FBI office to its local State FBI office and hence the quickness of the NC and FP finally depending on how quick the local FBI office takes action ??

I do not think that NC depends on ones state. IMO, NC requests are not forwarded to local FBI offices (that is what I heard from our local office and many of them are not even aware of this NC related to immigration!)..on the other hand, records will be requested from the local office. if it were to be done at local office, it would have been better and quicker.
It is all your luck..if some one, has some records and that person's name and dob matches with applicants name, then the trouble begins!
Good luck to everyone,
Toxsci.

Update

Finally I got to the info pass appointment. Now I was told they cannot do anything and can only assure that the CIS is working on our cases. I cannot get anymore information then this. Jeez thanks!!

Anyways, I also found out from my senator that my FBI Name check is already cleared earlier this year. Now whats the hold up????

I have no idea what to make out of this information, since it is almost 7 months now in this year and no change for the case status.

What do I do now?

Additional Review
I am also in similar situation. I applied I485/I140 09/30, 2005. 140 approved within 3 months, but I485 still pending. June, 2007 i heard from info. pass everything is clear except namecheck for me and my wife, stuck since 2005. I sent letters to cong./senate/FL for the Namecheck. My wife (derivative) did SR and got reply on July 20th says its pending. I put SR on July 5, 2007 and got reply on Aug.22, 2007 saying '...actively processing...Additional Review...contact us within 60 days". I don't know what it is. does my namecheck cleared and really they actively process my case, i don't know. anybody have any idea.

Also today I got email from CRIS saying our EADs (3rd) are approved (card production), wepplied EAD/AP on mid of July.

I had initiated followup SR on 08/10 and got a letter from USCIS on 08/25 saying my background checks are still pending and asked to contact after six months. Had gotten similar response earlier from IO at TSC and info pass. Senator enquiry still pending. (may be coz he is first time senator ;) )
No LUD since FP2 on 05/15, last LUD 03/27 :(

I am in similar situation that name check pending since July 2005. I put SR every 6 months and I got same response that background check still open. till now no luck with senator,FL.

Hi hello friends

Please see the thread below. If we all start our own threads regarding Name Checks we will have multiple, redundant and incomplete threads all over the place.

Please stick to one thread and we will all learn and stand to gain more.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=253982

Hi hello Friends

please help me out
If I write to letter to FBI reg name check where to write which one is effective...
also what is the difference between FOIA or FOIPA
another thing do we need to mention assessed fee approx how much..

could u tell me about & what we need mention on this letter..
it 's helpful and appreciates...
thanks