Name check passed 2 years ago, but case is still pending

HAJIN

Registered Users (C)
please help: Name check passed 2 years ago, but case is still pending

Hi guys,

I just got the response from my Senate today regarding my inquiry of my Name chekc status in FBI. It tured out FBI already processed and finalized the case 2 years ago and forwarded the result to USCIS headquarters.

How come I still didn't get my GC approved? Does this mean the result is not good? Is there anybody having similar experience? How I should proceed further?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
book an appointment at local uscis office. Take the letter you
got from senator and first inquire whats the status with security check
and all. If they say security check not cleared show them the senator letter.
Also call the 800 number. Still nothing works only way is to file Writ of Mandamus.

really appreciate!

Name Check stuck for 8mnths

Filed for I-485 (adj of status from F1 student visa to Green Card) in May 2006
Fingerprints in April 2006
Interview in September 2006

I filed my I-485 and my interview was in Norfolk, Virginia. Since I moved to Chicago, Illinois in January 2007, I have requested for my file to be transferred to the local office. I did this when I went to see the officer at the Chicago's District Office in March 2007.

Since my interview I have been waiting for FBI to complete my name check. I called USCIS, even made an info pass appointment and talked to the immigration officer, the only response I get from USCIS is that FBI is still doing my name check.

I am getting conflicting suggestions. Should I contact my congressman to expedite the process?
Can anybody suggest me on what proactive action should I take?
Thank you for reading.