name check Oversea?

sophiadun

Registered Users (C)
when I went to the infopass, the officer told me FBI name check may check you name in all the possible contries. For example, if you name is in English, they may check U.S., Canada and England. If your name is in Chinese, they will check P.R.China and Taiwan...

It is really amusing that FBI has the name list of every country in the Earth :eek:

Do u think the FBI can realy do a background check in Iran, France, Nigeria or Mexico.... take a moment and think hard about ..... Did it make sense?... :) Dont make simple procedures seem hard

They check international databases made available to the USA by foriegn countries, Interpol etc. They don't ask foriegn countries for people's background information. If they did, as letsien pointed out, nobody would ever pass the FBI namecheck if they were from an unfriendly nation.

Do u think the FBI can realy do a background check in Iran, France, Nigeria or Mexico.... take a moment and think hard about ..... Did it make sense?... :) Dont make simple procedures seem hard

letsien, your DO is dallas? why not take DORA (90 rapid adjustment)?

Maybe not every country. I believe they can do it in Canada.
PS: I met a lot of immigrants from Nigeria.

when I went to the infopass, the officer told me FBI name check may check you name in all the possible contries. For example, if you name is in English, they may check U.S., Canada and England. If your name is in Chinese, they will check P.R.China and Taiwan...

It is really amusing that FBI has the name list of every country in the Earth :eek:

Hi:

This is an urban myth. On a previous post here, I have explained how the name check works. BTW, I think this myth is even common among USCIS officers at Infopass, who truly for the most part do not know anything about how the background checks are done.

I've been waiting on a name check for my Nigerian spouse for 1 year and so far nothing.
I for one have very little faith inthe FBI name check system for that reason, the length of time it takes to painfully accomplish the task. If the security of this country was that
crucial, a better system definitely needs to be in place.