Name Check or not... is the question!

kalyanij

Registered Users (C)
I called TSC/USCIS again yesterday and they repeated that my case was stuck in name check. Although this is different from what I heard last August when they said everything was a go and they were just waiting on a visa number.

I have initiated a congressional inquiry. I will keep the board updated on how the case progresses. I talked to my attorney and he told me he would charge $250 for an AILA inquiry. I plan on waiting a few days for the results of the congressional inquiry before starting the AILA process. My attorney has warned me though that if the issue turns out to be name check , AILA inquiry will be absolutely useless.

As a side note, I found this USCIS document on Namecheck and other FBI security checks on the USCIS website.

Click here

KJ said:
I called TSC/USCIS again yesterday and they repeated that my case was stuck in name check. Although this is different from what I heard
last August when they said everything was a go and they were just waiting on a visa number.

If your name check results were obtained long back, then there are chances that it might have expired and USCIS sent it again.

I have initiated a congressional inquiry. I will keep the board updated on how the case progresses. I talked to my attorney and he told me he would charge $250 for an AILA inquiry. I plan on waiting a few days for the results of the congressional inquiry before starting the AILA process. My attorney has warned me though that if the issue turns out to be name check , AILA inquiry will be absolutely useless.

From this inquiry, you will probably know as to when exactly the request was submitted from USCSI to FBI. If it was recently, then it must be a resubmission. Also, if what you heard in Aug is true, then there should not be any problem in clearing the name check (second time). AILA inquiry may not be of any use if you are stuck in name check. $250 for inquiry? This must be a newly found way for making quick pocket money!!!

As a side note, I found this USCIS document on Namecheck and other FBI security checks on the USCIS website.

Click here
Good luck to you,

KJ said:
I called TSC/USCIS again yesterday and they repeated that my case was stuck in name check. Although this is different from what I heard last August when they said everything was a go and they were just waiting on a visa number.

KJ,

What is the telephone number for TSC ?

Thanks

Click here

I think we have to get united to do something about this namecheck.
Today morning I see one approval for I484 EBI whose 485 filed in 2005. Whereas mine was filed in 2004. Still I am stuck in namecheck whereas the 2005 guy is done, which make me conclude that there is no backlog on the FBI side. The backlog is for the guys whose namecheck has a hit and require manual intervention. This is so frustrating. I have nothing against the 2005 approval.
I think if there is a lawsuit filed collectively, they would clear the namecheck. Does anyone know how to file a lawsuit? We might not have to go all the way to the lawsuit. Maybe it would just work by filing it.
Whats are your opinion, if you are stuck in namecheck?
Can we have a list of people who are victims of name check?

yoginm73 said:
I think we have to get united to do something about this namecheck.
Today morning I see one approval for I484 EBI whose 485 filed in 2005. Whereas mine was filed in 2004. Still I am stuck in namecheck whereas the 2005 guy is done, which make me conclude that there is no backlog on the FBI side. The backlog is for the guys whose namecheck has a hit and require manual intervention. This is so frustrating. I have nothing against the 2005 approval.
I think if there is a lawsuit filed collectively, they would clear the namecheck. Does anyone know how to file a lawsuit? We might not have to go all the way to the lawsuit. Maybe it would just work by filing it.
Whats are your opinion, if you are stuck in namecheck?
Can we have a list of people who are victims of name check?

This is your answer for Name Check

Adjustment of Status for Asylees

The Service is receiving between 25,405– 43,881 applications per year. Consequently, as of April 30, 2006, approximately 112,985 asylee adjustment applications were pending. We anticipate that we will process pending applications according to the following schedule:

Date Received (Mail Date) Timeframe to be Processed
On or before January 1, 2003 September 30, 2006
June 1, 2003-March 31, 2007 September 30, 2007
On or after April 1, 2007 Within 6 months of receipt

Until all these people are not giving their GC, We will be stuck in NameCheck.
You and I are paying taxes and being exploted while the government does not care. They want to make sure that the asylees get a god treatment

andy garica, what's the source of these numbers? Can you post a link. Thanks.

andy garcia said:
This is your answer for Name Check

Adjustment of Status for Asylees

The Service is receiving between 25,405– 43,881 applications per year. Consequently, as of April 30, 2006, approximately 112,985 asylee adjustment applications were pending. We anticipate that we will process pending applications according to the following schedule:

Date Received (Mail Date) Timeframe to be Processed
On or before January 1, 2003 September 30, 2006
June 1, 2003-March 31, 2007 September 30, 2007
On or after April 1, 2007 Within 6 months of receipt

Until all these people are not giving their GC, We will be stuck in NameCheck.
You and I are paying taxes and being exploted while the government does not care. They want to make sure that the asylees get a god treatment

KJ said:
Thanks Andy Garcia. I thought this was specific to name checks. Looks like this is about 485 processing in general.

Name Check is the cover-up for having an excuse of maintaining your I-485 from being approved.

As you mentioned in your post there are people with 2005 RD that are being approved, even several people with 2006 I have seen to have their cases approved. Having the Name Check as an excuse is the only way that they can work on those asylee cases and meet the deadline imposed by Congress on them. They(the asylees) actually went to court and won, so if we do not do something about, they will make us wait as long as USCIS wants.