Name Check - Is it a Common Name issue?

ptr2577

Friends,

I am on the same boat where my case is pending due to FBI name check after I-485 interview. It's been more than 1 year now after I applied for the change of status ...

Just wondering any of you have a common first or last name and got cleared the FBI name check real fast (like in 3 months or 6 months or in an year)

Thanks,

H1 married to USC

Same situation here, I believe (also H1 married to USC).

Application received 4 Nov 2005. Fingerprints in Feb 2005, interview 8 March 2006. Received travel parole & EAD. Been waiting for approval of change of status ever since. During the interview, the officer said he hopes the FBI use my full name (including middle names), otherwise it could take a while.

When I called in summer, they advised that it required "further investigation", contact us again if you don't hear anything in 6 months. Still nothing & I've been quite worried. I'm not "John Smith", but still have a fairly common first & last name.

I'm not sure why your immigration officer would tell you that. My understanding was that they search all combinations as well as fragments and different spellings. I have a relatively uncommon last name although my other two names are common as muck. I think the whole thing is just completely random which is what makes it even more infuriating :mad:

name check

Me the same...
I was on H1B then married to a USC in 2004.
Concurrently filed I-485, I-130 and I-765 on 01/22/05.
Fingerprints done on 03/01/05 and AOS interview on 04/22/05.
Name check is still pending since and we have almost reached 2007.
FBI responded to my FOIPA request in April 2006 that there is no record on me in their system. I have no clue what does it mean: clearance or misplaced file?
I do not think it means clearance though: I have contacted the local USCIS center through infopass 6 times now and I am still served with the same unchanged response: name check is still pending...
My last name is a disaster (22 letters), besides it is spelled in two versions:
french (like in my passport and SSC) and english (visas, publications etc)
Who knows which one FBI is using.
I wonder whether the number of speeding tickets affects the name check progress? I had three speeding tickets in the past more than 3 years ago.

I wonder whether the number of speeding tickets affects the name check progress? I had three speeding tickets in the past more than 3 years ago

It doesn't....I think. Not in my case anyhow.

hi,
I am curious
by reading around this forum I discover
that someone's name check might be already approved before their interview and someone's have to be done after interview.

and another thread was talking about the reason we dont' receive interview letter soon is because our name check is not done yet, so we can't receive the interview letter yet.

what makes these differences?
My interview letter is taking a long time to show up, is that mean my name check will be done before my interview?
so maybe after my interview I will get approve soon and receive my card sooner than others?

thank you very much :eek:

hi, Dasugo
where is your DO?
My dates are soooooo similiar to yours but I am still waiting for interview letter
so wondering if you can tell me where is your Do
maybe I can see what is going on with my
thank you :D