Name check Indices Popular issue

immihelplogin

Hi
I am pending approval of I-485.
I had a second set of fingerprints taken a few months back and have been informed by the INS that my case is pending results of FBI Name check. i.e. it is under "EXTENDED REVIEW" since "there are many people with the same name"

I would appreciate if anyone could shed further light on the above and whether traffic violations are a part of the FBI Name Check.

Thanks
Lalit

immihelplogin said:
Hi
I am pending approval of I-485.
I had a second set of fingerprints taken a few months back and have been informed by the INS that my case is pending results of FBI Name check. i.e. it is under "EXTENDED REVIEW" since "there are many people with the same name"

I would appreciate if anyone could shed further light on the above and whether traffic violations are a part of the FBI Name Check.

Thanks
Lalit

Lalit,

I am curious as to how BCIS got back to you regarding FBI Name Check.?
did you call someone?

thanks,

called uscis repeatedly
was told that they r waiting for name check to come through; there r possibly many people with my name...
so concluded that it wud be an indices popular issue

name check problem

i am new to this forum i had interview on nov 13 and was told that they did not have figer print result on me the officer was nice and told my he wolud have stamped me but he has to await fingerprint . so a week later i received letter for re fingerprint code 3 which was done dec1st till date no lud i call uscis they still had the old information i called fbi and they told me my fingerprint was summited on the same day i took my fingerprint , i really confused any body has any adviced i just hope am not struck in that name check issues

How did you call the FBI about your fingerprinting? I thought the FBI was uncontactable these days.

Regarding the commone name issue to be honest I think its just another excuse. I firmly believe that most of us caught for over a year in namecheck are there because of incompetence. I think that the CIS agents tell us whatever they think will make us go away and stop bothering them.

Jim