Name check help!!!!!

Hi Annoosa

I am in same boat. I would suggest to combine letters from your manager and Sanetor and send to FBI.

BTW I need more info how are you procedding for Court. My name check is pending since Sept 2004.

Thx

well they r now processing applications in July of 2005... im only 4 months away... once they r processing november cases, and if my category did no retrogress yet, i will go to a lawyer and file a suit... im not gonna waite untill im stuck in retrogression (if im not yet by then) I just want to use all my measures... if it does not work.... then its ment to be :(

One thing I don't understand, I see people filing in Nov getting 485 approved, while officially TSC is processing July 2005 cases. Is this out of order processing or what?

Does this mean the approved ones were lucky through the name check while people like me have to wait?

Thanks,
Ash777

no and i actually just got a call from my congressmans office.... they told me that our cases and with the officer are ready for approval..... but i told her that i have more news than she does... and that I am stuck in name check......

My guess is that i read once that when u fille I-140 and I-485 concurrently, they process them based on the I-140 dates... which means that if u have filled concurrently in november (like me),,,, then they are now processing ur I-485 as well.... to me it makes sense... because on the same day my I-140 got approved the RFE was made...

Last edited by a moderator:
My lawyer said that even if you have filed 485, you will still get affected by retrogression. Originally I thought the same as you did.

ATL10Again said:
My lawyer said that even if you have filed 485, you will still get affected by retrogression. Originally I thought the same as you did.
The "visa # unavailable" thing? But you got assigned the # when you apply...
man, i know so little about all this...

Hi!
it's still unclear why we need to do a name check again that only causes delay in our application...

Does anyone know if our namecheck procedure + ( Fingerprints/ biometrics) is different from the visa namecheck at the NVC?

Thanks a lot!

name check fo visa and GC and citizenship is all the same... but i dont think they have to do it again if they were done in a close period.... my husband had to waite at home for 7 months before he got FBI clearence, and when we applied 1 yr later for GC, he got cleared immidiatly...