"Name Check" for I-485 filers (2002 filers)

They have stopped accepting fax and phone inquiries. It is only by email these days (I called the phone number that I got from this forum and there was an automated message regarding this). I sent an inquiry on 07/19/04, then on 09/19/04 (both by fax), then again on 10/11/04 and 10/21/04 by email. I got a response on 11/03/04 referring to my second fax inquiry and that my name check was completed on 04/16/2003 and forwarded to USCIS, Washington DC. Well I don't know 1) why it was done so early and 2) why it was forwarded to Washington DC.

I just heard back from FBI on name check for both self & dependent (ND Sep 2002). I was told my case was received Dec 2002, and is still pending. :confused: Dependent's case received Jan 2002, and has been processed. Is it normal that name check is actually received by FBI before I485 RD/ND? Guys & gals, thanks in advance for your insight on this.

hi fr adnamj

more or less i have the same situation, i was interviewed on 25th , oct 2004 . NAME CHECK pending , i started searching for the root cause here in this site. now i think its pretty common with 2002 cases. i also sent an email fax and mailed a letter to directors of record managment FBI , and i CC everythign to washington DC INS office to interview section i didnt knwo the name of the lady officer who interviewd i attatched a copy of interview letter wht ever i had inquired to FBI , so they shoudl know and should get a Cc copy that i am not sitting silent. if they have screwd up by not doing home work (name check) and called me for interview.

i dont know this much noise could have adverse effect on file , if the answer is yes , i really dont care . i m sure i m not the only frustrated here and they know they are palying with our lives. sometimes its seems we immigrant get no customer service what so ever , its only for american which they will never have to go through

adnamj,

Could you share the directors name of the record managment FBI? I sent to them inquiry by email earlier of last month, but no response yet. We did reply RFE, FP2, don't know what stopped our approvel.

Thanks for your help.

peterwang60 said:
adnamj,

Could you share the directors name of the record managment FBI? I sent to them inquiry by email earlier of last month, but no response yet. We did reply RFE, FP2, don't know what stopped our approvel.

Thanks for your help.
David Hardy

I got a reply yesterday, that my Name Check completed in Dec 2002. This doesn't make any sense - earlier responce from the Senator was that this was the hold up, and it finally completed on Sep 20, 2004. I used the above email address, and it took about 40 days to get a responce. My name was misspelt all over...
It looks like my case is all messed up.