Name check finally cleared!

Hi,

The first step would be to write to you senator and/or take an infopass appointment with your local USCIS office. Your senator should be able to provide you with the status of your name check.

POJ: It basically allows to you talk to an immigration officer of the service center where your application is pending, rather than a customer service representative. Call the regular customer service #, and then after you punch in your receipt number, go for the option that says "if your application got separated from primary . . . ". You should then hear: "Welcome to the . . . service center" (depending on which service center is handling your application.

Re: the letter to the first lady, I had included copy of the I-485 receipt notice, I-140 approval notice, FOIPA letter, and copies of a couple of letters from the USCIS, which stated that my NC was still pending. People have different views on what should be included; however, I would strongly recommend that you include the FOIPA "No records found" letter from the FBI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kayal I filed FOIPA by ordinary post around 1st of May. I still haven't got a reply how much time should it take? I sent the form found here http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf.
Thanks,
--Naveen Oshos
I didn't get it notarized - if you sign the statement "under penalty of perjury . . . ", then you don't need to notarize.

Check the instructions at this site:

http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_instruc.htm

Make sure you are sending the Privacy Act Request form:

http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf

Naveen:

I had received a response in about 10 days, while the response in my wife's case took about a month. We had sent the letters through priority mail.

You should hear back from them by the end of this month; however, it also depends on their workload, I presume.

security check pending since jun 2003

Hi Akalay1973 and ALL guys in this forum,

First I would like to congrates Akalay1973, for NC getting cleared and about getting FP.

My case is very old, security check is pending since jun 2003. Last inquiry was in feb2007, got letter from USCIS it is still pending for Security Check.

I made inquiry in Aug2004 with Fbi by sending letter, got respose saying my name check was cleared. Inspite of this, I don't know why USCIS says security check pending.

I would like to know from you, do I need to send inquiry to FOIPA or send letter to MRS bush, what do you suggest..

also my i-140 and i-485 both are pending due to security check..and now my PD will be current on 1 jun 2007.. I cn't do any thing.. please help me..

Hi Akalay1973 and ALL guys in this forum,

First I would like to congrates Akalay1973, for NC getting cleared and about getting FP.

My case is very old, security check is pending since jun 2003. Last inquiry was in feb2007, got letter from USCIS it is still pending for Security Check.

I made inquiry in Aug2004 with Fbi by sending letter, got respose saying my name check was cleared. Inspite of this, I don't know why USCIS says security check pending.

I would like to know from you, do I need to send inquiry to FOIPA or send letter to MRS bush, what do you suggest..

also my i-140 and i-485 both are pending due to security check..and now my PD will be current on 1 jun 2007.. I cn't do any thing.. please help me..

Hi Sanju:

You should first set up an inquiry with the USCIS through your attorney or by calling the NSC to see why your I-140 is still pending. Adjudication of I-140 is usually not precluded by pending name checks. For example, my I-140 was approved in Nov. 2005 even though my name check was still pending.

USCIS is unlikely to respond meaningfully to your queries re: I-485 since your I-140 has not been approved. Further, most importantly, your priority dates are not yet current - wait till June and then enquire.

On your signature, I saw that there was a RFE to your I-140 back in 2004 - any activity after that?

HI Akalay1973 and All,

I did inquiry with USCIS many times.. Also with senator 4-5 times and congress men 5 times. Last Inquiry response that I received from Congressmen in Mar2007 and also from USCIS that my I-140 and I-485 is pending due to Security check.
I would like to know from you and all that FBI response which I received is it same department as FOIPA? If this is same, then do i need to send request again OR I can send inquiry to MRS Bush directly. Please let me know.

"This is in reference to your facsimile received on September 20, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on August 1, 2003, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Washington, DC.
Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy"

My I-140 response was received by USCIS in JUl2004, so far no news on tht.

I am thinking to send letter to Mrs Bush, along with I-485 receipt , response from USCIS that case is pending in security check and also response from FBI email that I received. Please let me know, if I am missng any thing. THANKS to ALL in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Here's an update on my case. I called TSC again this afternoon using the POJ method, and got connected to a nice immigration officer.

She said that they had everything and that my case was ready for adjudication.

She told me that she was going to "e-mail the supervisor" that my case was "ready for adjudication" - whatever that means.

When I asked when should I expect to hear back - she gave a pretty broad range: 30 - 90 days:)

akayal 1973 how did you use POJ for a transfer case. I tried using this trick substituting the EAC# for SRC but did not get through. I used the following number and sequence:

TSC, dial 1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter SRC# then 1-1-3-4

Am I doing something wrong?

thx