Name check finally cleared!

Hi akayal1973

Did you see any LUD on your 485 after you spoke to the officer? I also received letter from FBI stating my check cleared March 28, 2007. I havent had any update after the transfer to TSC . Last LUD was on 03/15. I tried calling the customer support but using POJ also I couldnt get to immigration officer

Hi,

I called TSC this morning at around 9 am my time (so 8 am at Texas). I haven't seen a LUD after that.

At the very end of the call to the usual 800 number, and after getting automated status once you punch your 485 receipt number, instead of pressing the option for "outside processing time", go for the option "if your case has been separated from the primary . . . ". Then you will hear "welcome to the texas service center".

I did not see a LUD after i talked to TSC. But about a week after i received my FP notice, i saw an LUD on friday then there was another one today and i have not even had my FP yet. I am not really sure what is going on.

I just spoke to TSC and got one, not very friendly rep who did not give me any more info than whats on website. I immediately tried again and got the same lady again. Not much luck today. Will wait and see tomorrow. My FP expired. My First/last FP was in March 2005. I hope USCIS gets my namecheck clearance update.

I did not see a LUD after i talked to TSC. But about a week after i received my FP notice, i saw an LUD on friday then there was another one today and i have not even had my FP yet. I am not really sure what is going on.

Raj:

I have read on the forum somewhere that often the service centers "pre-adjudicate". That could be the source of your LUDs. Once your FP2 gets done, perhaps the approval will come in soon.

Name check status

Dear Friends,

How do I know the status of my Name check and Information like when the Name check initiated etc?

My details:
EB2. PD 04/2002.
I140 AD 07/01/2005
I485: ND: 05/2005.

Thanks.

Dear Friends,

How do I know the status of my Name check and Information like when the Name check initiated etc?

My details:
EB2. PD 04/2002.
I140 AD 07/01/2005
I485: ND: 05/2005.

Thanks.

take an infopass apointment and they will tell u there.

Letter to first lady Bush - Doesnt help in my opinion.

Akayal: First of all I would like to congratulate you.... You should be very happy now which you deserved a lot. Unfortunately I did exactly what you did and as I write below I got a letter from FBI which is way different :( So I believe it does not work for me? What should I do now ?

As many of you suggested I also mailed First Lady Laura Bush. And I got a response from her office lightning Fast (in 15 days only). They said they will help. And in about 1.5 months of my letter, I got a letter from FBI which says:

"Your letter dated February XX,2007 directed to Mrs. George W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the Department of Justice and subsequently referred to the FBI for reply.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on January XX, 2005 and is currently in process.

The FBI processes millions of name check requests each year with each requiring thoughtful consideration. We know how important this information is to you; however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing the response to each of these requests. The FBI's homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thorough result. While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

I trust this information will be of assistance...
"

So everyone: I believe that those people who got the other type of letter which says "we got the letter of the First Lady and finalize your name check on that date" get their name check cleared randomly!!! In other words the clearance of the name check just happen to coincide with the the letter from the first lady :(

Does any one of the gurus have any idea? How can I proceed?

1) I can go to court for WOM but as far as I know USCIS says they do not expedite name check if the only reason is WOM...

2) I can send other letters but who is better than the First Lady anyways ?? :((

I will very much appreciate any comments or suggestions during this depressed moment of mine. :(

Thank you,

If indeed letters to the senators, congressmen and the first lady are working then this implies some sort of a bias over all the other legitimately filed cases which amounts to some amount of wrong doing in my opinion.

Even if they do work, I have noticed that it is normally with cases that have already waited more than a year since the NC was initiated and that their PDs are current.

I didnt write to anybody. My time frame is very similar to akayal and a few others and this bunch have gotten a second FP notice. I think there is a trend here. The second FP is probably (my conjecture) sent out after your NC is cleared only if more than the stipulated period for your first one expires.

I firmly believe, the NC has a two lives, a short one that lasts a few weeks typically upto 6-8 (this seems to be the time it takes for FBI to get to the case and if fine, it is over with soon) and a longer life that lasts between 1.5 - 2.5 years.

It would be of great help if someone can please post a draft of letter to be sent to senator and first lady for namecheck clearance?

If indeed letters to the senators, congressmen and the first lady are working then this implies some sort of a bias over all the other legitimately filed cases which amounts to some amount of wrong doing in my opinion.

- Don't you think that Namecheck process itself is biased?????

- What is your mistake in it if your name has a match with someone or simply because FBI namecheck process is incompetent. Isn't it injustice?????

- Finally, Namecheck pending means National Security of our beloved USA is PENDING?????? :eek:

Even if they do work, I have noticed that it is normally with cases that have already waited more than a year since the NC was initiated and that their PDs are current.

I didnt write to anybody. My time frame is very similar to akayal and a few others and this bunch have gotten a second FP notice. I think there is a trend here. The second FP is probably (my conjecture) sent out after your NC is cleared only if more than the stipulated period for your first one expires.

I firmly believe, the NC has a two lives, a short one that lasts a few weeks typically upto 6-8 (this seems to be the time it takes for FBI to get to the case and if fine, it is over with soon) and a longer life that lasts between 1.5 - 2.5 years.

it is not true that first lady's letter is only effective in clearing namecheck if the case has been pending more than 1.5 yrs. look in TSC i485 forum for waitignforages. when he sent his letter , his i 485 was pending for around 6..5 months only. his namecheck got cleared thereafter, morever i know someone else who sent his letter after 6 months exactly of pending I485 and his name got cleared after that.

Got the letter

Hey folks
Just an FYI.
Props to Antonio for predicting this, but I got the letter from the FBI/DoJ today in response to my letter to the First Lady regarding my name check that has been pending for a little over a year now.
While the response wasn't the best I had hoped for (finalized and sent back), it wasn't the negative (still pending) one either. My status states that its currently In Process..whatever that means. I believe atanase had called it correctly, this is one of three statuses sent back to applicants.
Wonder what this means.

Hey folks
Just an FYI.
Props to Antonio for predicting this, but I got the letter from the FBI/DoJ today in response to my letter to the First Lady regarding my name check that has been pending for a little over a year now.
While the response wasn't the best I had hoped for (finalized and sent back), it wasn't the negative (still pending) one either. My status states that its currently In Process..whatever that means. I believe atanase had called it correctly, this is one of three statuses sent back to applicants.
Wonder what this means.

sory to hear that but it is not that bad. u have to get ur name cleared soon now.

can u tell me what are the dates on the letter and does it mention when ur letter to first lady was rece3ived by fbi?

by the way, from which country are u originally and is ur name / last name very common?

Last edited by a moderator: