Name check finally cleared!

akayal1973

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys:

It appears that my name check has been finally cleared - after more than 2 years! Mrs. Bush's office was very helpful.

I received a letter dated April 12, 2007 from the FBI stating the following:

"Your letter dated February 14,2007 directed to Mrs. George W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the Department of Justice and subsequently referred to the FBI . . . . .

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on February 28, 2005. This submission was processed and finalized on April 5, 2007. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington D.C. I trust this information will be of assistance. . . "

I think the guy who first came up with the idea of writing to the First Lady deserves a Nobel Prize:)

What should I do next? Wait for the FP2 notice or should I write/call USCIS?

Congrats ! I would like to know whether u had written 2 letters to Mrs. Bush's office, one for yourself and one for your spouse and mialed them separately or put them together in one envelope. Or did you write one combined letter.

I am planning to do the same but dont know how, since if I write separate letters then I can emphasise more on my contribution to development of prostate cancer drug blah blah blah etc and then I ask my wife to write another letter mentioning her contributions ect, since our cases are still withing processing dates. Or shall we write a combined letter.

Hi Guys:

It appears that my name check has been finally cleared - after more than 2 years! Mrs. Bush's office was very helpful.

"Your letter dated February 14,2007 directed to Mrs. George W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the Department of Justice and subsequently referred to the FBI . . . . .

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on February 28, 2005. This submission was processed and finalized on April 5, 2007. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington D.C. I trust this information will be of assistance. . . "

I think the guy who first came up with the idea of writing to the First Lady deserves a Nobel Prize:)

Hi Guys:

congrats,

i sent my letter to first lady on 23 february so let's see when i will hear back.

1-can u tell if the fbi letter mentioned when they received ur letter from first lady? if so when?

2- did u send ur letter to first lady by regular mail or fax or what?

Antonioa77:

The FBI letter did not mention when they received my letter that was forwarded by the first lady. I sent my letter by priority mail.

Mogambo:

I just sent one letter. My wife was not stuck in name check; her name check was cleared a long time back.

Letter received from FBI

I also received following letter:

"Your letter dated Feb..., directed to Mrs. George W. Bush .............

The submission was processed and finalized on....april..2007.
In each case, the results were forwarded to the USCIS headquarters, Washingon, D.C"

I sent a letter to First Lady using regular post (37 cents) because i spent all my money in GC processing...

First Lady Jindabad, Amar Rahe.......

congrats,

i sent my letter to first lady on 23 february so let's see when i will hear back.

1-can u tell if the fbi letter mentioned when they received ur letter from first lady? if so when?

2- did u send ur letter to first lady by regular mail or fax or what?

antonioa77,

WOW...U haven't even passed the published processing date of Sep 13, 2006(TSC Processing times, as of Mar 15, 2007) and U are beginning to worry! Hee Hee!

antonioa77,

WOW...U haven't even passed the published processing date of Sep 13, 2006(TSC Processing times, as of Mar 15, 2007) and U are beginning to worry! Hee Hee!

i waited enough and i can't keep waiting forever. once u r stuck in namecheck for more than 1 month, then u r officially stuck for months if not years. so i don;t wana wait anymore for this stupid system. i wana change my job as soon as i get my green card.this is why i'm in a hurry.

i waited enough and i can't keep waiting forever. once u r stuck in namecheck for more than 1 month, then u r officially stuck for months if not years. so i don;t wana wait anymore for this stupid system. i wana change my job as soon as i get my green card.this is why i'm in a hurry.

if you wanna change jobs, wait 6 months on i485 and use AC21 and jump.....there is no use waiting for Green Card, they say one should 6 months with the company after getting GC!

namecheck blackhole - in my experience will take at least 1.5 years, if you are unlucky!!
File WOM....
Just get the ammunition for WOM...contact your TSC inquiry/congressman/senator and get lettters of no help and file WOM.....that's the only easy way out....most laura bush letters get cleared only when they have waited for 1.5 years+, (well, that's my experience/observation...)
Best of Luck, buddy!

Last edited by a moderator:
namecheck blackhole - in my experience will take at least 1.5 years, if you are unlucky!!
File WOM....
Just get the ammunition for WOM...contact your TSC inquiry/congressman/senator and get lettters of no help and file WOM.....that's the only easy way out....most laura bush letters get cleared only when they have waited for 1.5 years+, (well, that's my experience/observation...)
Best of Luck, buddy!

lately, many people on this forum who sent letter to first lady didn;t even reach the 9 months of wait, but their names got cleared. i know personally a person who send a letter to the first lady after just waiting 6 months and got his name got cleared after that.

morevoer, as u may know, WOM is not an easy option anymore. USCIS sent a new memo almost 2 months which makes WOM difficult.

if you wanna change jobs, wait 6 months on i485 and use AC21 and jump.....there is no use waiting for Green Card, they say one should 6 months with the company after getting GC!

File WOM....
Best of Luck, buddy!

waiting 6 months after getting GC is not written anywhere in the law. the only thing written there is that u should stay permanetly with ur employer. the 6 months thing is an idea given by some lawyers. some others say 1 year and some say u can leave the second day. there is no rule on when to leave. but nothing is written anywhere in the law.

if u check in the last 2 - 3 days in the texas I485 tracker, u will see 2 people one called waitingforages and linghun or something like that who applied for I485 around may and july 06 and in january 07, they asked the help of first lady to clear their namechecks and lately they got letters from fbi saying that their names got cleared.

by the way, what are ur case details? can u add a signature. did u ever send a letter to first lady?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also received following letter:

"Your letter dated Feb..., directed to Mrs. George W. Bush .............

The submission was processed and finalized on....april..2007.
In each case, the results were forwarded to the USCIS headquarters, Washingon, D.C"

I sent a letter to First Lady using regular post (37 cents) because i spent all my money in GC processing...

First Lady Jindabad, Amar Rahe.......

congrats,

can u add ur case details as a signature?

1-can u give us the dates on that letter? what is the date on ur letter to first lady?

2-and when fbi cleared ur name in april?

3-and did fbi letter mentions when they received the first lady letter?

Letter to First lady does NOT work :(

Akayal: First of all I would like to congratulate you.... You should be very happy now which you deserved a lot. Unfortunately I did exactly what you did and as I write below I got a letter from FBI which is way different :( So I believe it does not work for me? What should I do now ?

As many of you suggested I also mailed First Lady Laura Bush. And I got a response from her office lightning Fast (in 15 days only). They said they will help. And in about 1.5 months of my letter, I got a letter from FBI which says:

"Your letter dated February XX,2007 directed to Mrs. George W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the Department of Justice and subsequently referred to the FBI for reply.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on January XX, 2005 and is currently in process.

The FBI processes millions of name check requests each year with each requiring thoughtful consideration. We know how important this information is to you; however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing the response to each of these requests. The FBI's homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thorough result. While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

I trust this information will be of assistance...
"

So everyone: I believe that those people who got the other type of letter which says "we got the letter of the First Lady and finalize your name check on that date" get their name check cleared randomly!!! In other words the clearance of the name check just happen to coincide with the the letter from the first lady :(

Does any one of the gurus have any idea? How can I proceed?

1) I can go to court for WOM but as far as I know USCIS says they do not expedite name check if the only reason is WOM...

2) I can send other letters but who is better than the First Lady anyways ?? :((

I will very much appreciate any comments or suggestions during this depressed moment of mine. :(

Thank you,

Akayal: First of all I would like to congratulate you.... You should be very happy now which you deserved a lot. Unfortunately I did exactly what you did and as I write below I got a letter from FBI which is way different :( So I believe it does not work for me? What should I do now ?

As many of you suggested I also mailed First Lady Laura Bush. And I got a response from her office lightning Fast (in 15 days only). They said they will help. And in about 1.5 months of my letter, I got a letter from FBI which says:

"Your letter dated February XX,2007 directed to Mrs. George W. Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the Department of Justice and subsequently referred to the FBI for reply.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on January XX, 2005 and is currently in process.

The FBI processes millions of name check requests each year with each requiring thoughtful consideration. We know how important this information is to you; however, the FBI must also balance the need for national security in preparing the response to each of these requests. The FBI's homeland security mission requires that our name check process be primarily focused on an accurate and thorough result. While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

I trust this information will be of assistance...
"

So everyone: I believe that those people who got the other type of letter which says "we got the letter of the First Lady and finalize your name check on that date" get their name check cleared randomly!!! In other words the clearance of the name check just happen to coincide with the the letter from the first lady :(

Does any one of the gurus have any idea? How can I proceed?

1) I can go to court for WOM but as far as I know USCIS says they do not expedite name check if the only reason is WOM...

2) I can send other letters but who is better than the First Lady anyways ?? :((

I will very much appreciate any comments or suggestions during this depressed moment of mine. :(

Thank you,

sory to hear that.

1-well what are ur case details first?

2- what did u write in ur letter to first lady?maybe it is all about the content of the letter.

3- what is the date of ur letter to first lady?

4- what did u attach with ur letter to first lady? did u attach FOIPA , I485 receipt...?

ya u r right maybe the whole thing is random.

Captainv1234:

I was sorry to know that the First Lady letter did not work out for you. Your case definitely is old enough to go for the WOM. In fact, I was contemplating the same before the letter to First lady yielded results.

Btw, did you attach the FOIPA letter? While it is purely speculation on my part; however, perhaps attaching the FOIPA "No records found responsive to your request" bolsters the case.

In my case, I had attached the FOIPA letter in addition to the I-485 receipt, and copies of various status inquires from the USCIS. The FBI letter that I received acknowledged that I had attached the FOIPA response. In fact, they spent almost 1 page of the letter being in the defensive and explaining the differences between the FOIPA and NC, and why NC takes longer etc.

At least in my case, I believe the letter to the First Lady led to the clearance of my name check. As recently as on March 28, USCIS had sent me a letter that my NC was still pending - and then on April 5, 2007, it was cleared.

I sent you a private message

Hello Akayal,

I sent you a private message... Would you please look into it in your free time?

thank you in advance and thanks for your response.

Congratulations!! My case is pretty much similar to yours. the only difference being that i did not contact anybody for name check even though i was stuck in it for a while. anyway i would suggest you to call TSC and ask them to schedule you for FP. I had to do that and then they send me FP notice.

Raj:

Thanks for your suggestion. I called TSC using the "POJ Method" this morning, and reached a very helpful immigration officer. I requested her re: the FP2 notice - she said that she is putting in a request - verified my mailing address - mentioned it could take 6 weeks or so.

Also, in response to my request, she confirmed that my NC has been recently cleared, which is in sync with the separate notification that I had received from the FBI.

Thanks once again.

Contact Details of TX Service Center

Hi,
Is anyone has direct phone number of Texas Service Center because most of the time google returns the National Service Center Phone number.

Thanks,
Rajes