Name Check Clearnace

lifescool

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Does anybody have idea about name check clearance?
Just received an email from delhi consulate about waiting for namecheck clearnace for wife for scheduling the interview.
Our's is Ac140 case.has anybody seen this before.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks,
vj

lifeschool:

if you search this forum by the phrase "name check" you will find all details around name check/ administrative check!

Basically it is a check done by consulate to make sure that the primary/ derivative cp candidates are not wanted by fbi / other authorities for criminal offense. There is no specific time frame for getting such name check/ admin clearance!

Thanks for your reply.
last week we have requested consulate for early interview since my wife is expecting and we got back the answer
"WE ARE WAITING FOR THE NAMECHECK CLEARANCE FOR WIFE AND WE HOPE TO RECEIVE THE CLEARANCE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. "

I hope that doesn't delay the process too far as we will be unable to travel after next month.
I have read the previous posts about this and everybody had a different experience it seems.

Thanks,
Vj

Atleast Delhi consulate is doing the name check before the interview. Chennai seems to be doing during the interview or even after it, this is extremely risky as you are already out of the country at that point!

I concur with gcsucks...that some consulates are doing admin check/ name check at the time of the interview or in few cases is happens after the interview.

I think in your case it may get a little delayed...but it is better to have it delayed now then at the time of the interview.

I think all the consular posts do name check prior to the interview. If any hit in the Nam-check, that is when they decide to go for extensive back-ground check with FBI, including with the use of finger-prints. Name checks have been conducted at every stage of the Immigrant visa processing (BCIS , NVC(P3) and
Consular posts for Immigrant/Non Immigrant Visa processing.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello

Hello,

some people in madras consulate faced the same problem like u.Cannon has faced the same problem in madras.They had taken his finger prints and he is waiting for the result.All depends on luck also

thanks

hello

Hello,

some people in madras consulate faced the same problem like u.Cannon has faced the same problem in madras.They had taken his finger prints and he is waiting for the result.All depends on luck also

thanks

lifescool:

I think you do not need to worry about it.

IF it comes by the time your wife can travel, well and good.

Else,let it take as much time it needs in which case, your wife can travel after the delivery. In MY opinion, this would still be better as your child will automatically become a US citizen.

IF your interview comes at a time when your wife cannot travel,then perhaps you could request to postpone the interview citing this VERY VALID reason.

I know, the sooner the better, but still, one cant help in these essential administrative delays.

Dont take tension on this.

Good Luck.

We have been sent an email that we can come on any working day for interview because of inabilty to travel later.
We have to collect our appointment letter from embassy.
Does anyone knows if any body can pick the letter on our behalf from them.

Thanks
vj