Name Check Cleared :)

krishsur4GC

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

Today i have got a letter from my local congressman who initiated Name Check enquiry on my behalf on June 2007, the result is my Name check is cleared :)

Further as a proof congressman office attached a copy of the letter their office received from Section Chief, National Name Check Program, FBI.

Here is the brief case status, per FBI 's statement, USCIS initiated Name Check on April 15, 2005 and it was completed on July 15 , 2007, and the results were sent to USCIS Head Quarters, at Washington D.C. it took a total of 2 years and 3 months to get my Name Check to get cleared.

Incidently I took an Infopass appointment in August, and it was confirmed that my Back Ground security check and Name check are cleared, previously I was concerned when my SR response dated June 23, 2007 stated that my back ground security check is still pending . But my recent SR response stated that my petition in only pending nothing about Background security check.

Anyway thanks to the office of the congressman who was very helpful , further he wrote in the letter by Jan 2008, if I don't receive any response from USCIS to contact his office again.

Hopefully by that time I see the end of this dark tunnel.

Friends, don't lose hope about :) this mess, some time, approaching congressman, senators , First Lady etc.., might be helpful. I pray for everyone who are stuck in this mess called Name Check, to get their security checks getting cleared soon .

regards

kris

EB 2- India

PD: July 2004

I 140/I 485 : ND : 04/2005, I 140: AD: 05/2005
I 485 : ND: 04/2005, AD: :confused: :confused:
Recent LUD' s: 07/19/2007, 07/20/2007, 09/04/2007(FP3)

Name Check Cleared on July 15,2007 :)

Kris

when I sent letter to senator he is saying he can't expediate he can just check status. so how did your senator / congressman resolved it.

pl.let me know. waiting since RD DEC.2004, PD July2001 -EB3

Thanks

Kris

when I sent letter to senator he is saying he can't expediate he can just check status. so how did your senator / congressman resolved it.

pl.let me know. waiting since RD DEC.2004, PD July2001 -EB3

Thanks

I don't know that in my case congressman letter to FBI expedited Name Check clearance, not sure if the letter dated July 10, 2007 from congressman office to FBI office made FBI to clear my file in 5 days i.e. by Jul 15,2007, may be its a mere co-incidence that FBI cleared my case after a long gap and at the same time received the request from congressman to update on the status.

But definitely it was not a pleasant experience in my case though I agree many are stuck in this mess.

But I suggest take all available means to make FBI to take a look into the old cases and clear it, its unjust that FBI cleared so many cases for Name Check that went this June 2007(friends no offense those who got approved in 30-45 days since receipt of I 485). I don't have any criminal record and every one like myself is clear too, so if takes for than 1 year to clear and in some cases still pending and applicants who filed in June 2007 are getting cleared that is injustice at every level that span from DOL --> USCIS--> FBI. Had FBI cleared my Name Check in 2005 I would have got my GC by that time, because EB2 was current for 6 months since I filed my I 485

HTH

kris