Name check cleared!

jeevs007

Registered Users (C)
All,

Got a letter from FBI today, in response to my letter to Laura Bush back in May. Looks like the name check has cleared. When I spoke to an IO on Monday, he told me that my name has been put in interview queue for NY DO on 12th July. I can see light at the end of the tunnel (fingers crossed)!! Wish me luck!!

---------

Dear Mr Jeevs,

Your letter dated May 4 2007, directed to Mrs George W Bush concerning your name check status for immigration purposes, was forwarded to the Department of Justice and subsequently referred to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for reply.

A review of FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on April 22, 2006. This submission was processed and finalized on June 26, 2007. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, DC.

I trust this information will be of assistance.

Section Chief
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division

----------

can you tell me how you contact president bush? I like to know why my name havnt been cleared, it been almost 3 years.

Tiencan,

I sent a letter to following address:

First Lady Laura Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20500
Sub: Expediting FBI Name Check for US Citizenship (N-400)

If you search this forum, you will find a template someone posted for the letter, I just expanded on the template. If you don't find the template, let me know and I will post my file (clean version, of course). Good luck.

Jeevs007,
For our reference, we would really appreciate if you can post your letter (without personal info) in this forum. Thanks much.

Hi:

Thank you for the information. I have one question.

What is the "priority date" in the letter that is attached here? Is that the same as "Filing Date"?

Marali

Yes, Priority date is same as "Notice of Action" date or filing date. It is the date on your receipt once you file N-400.

It was coincidence I think, kind of luck. I wrote to FL and for letter beck from NNCP (M.Cannon) stating that my NC is pending and USCIS will be notified as soon as done while specific date cannot be provided.
It works that way that FL office forwards your letter to DHS that eventually forvards to FBI NNCP. I doubt that your letter will trigger work on your file.

Hello jeevs007,

Did you take two times FP? I saw you FP#1,but no #2.
I was told by DO officer that my name check is finished but FP is not finished yet.I don't know if I should take second FP.

Hello jeevs007,

Did you take two times FP? I saw you FP#1,but no #2.
I was told by DO officer that my name check is finished but FP is not finished yet.I don't know if I should take second FP.

Roadw, when did you take your first fringerprint? Could you post your timeline? Thanks.

Hello jeevs007,

Thanks a lot for your information! :)
I wonder why your first FP was rejected? It is because time
passed one year since FP take or the first one was not clear. When did you get the second FP notice? after your name check clear or earlier.I think the USCIS can clear the FP in one day.Why they didn't send you the notice to take the second FP at 2006?

I am so worried about my case.They said the FP is not clear yet
.But they didn't send letter to me to notice to take the second one.

Roadw, when did you take your first fringerprint? Could you post your timeline? Thanks.

Hello jjyct,

I sent my FP card with my n400 together to TSC at 6th July.

-----------------------
My timeline:

N400 sent to TSC with FP card :02nd July
TSC received: 06th July
Check cashed :27th July
NOA: not received until now
Called customer service center to get case number :30 Aug
Take infopass : 28th Sep the officer told me name check is finished,but FP is not.

Roadw,

My first FP was not rejected. As far as I know, USCIS has capacity (or inclination) to keep the fingerprinting record only for 15 months, so we are sent a second FP notice, if the case takes longer than 15 months (which happened in my case).

I don't think there is a correlation between second FP and name-check cleared, in my case the name-check cleared first (sometimes in late June/early July), and I got my second FP in late Aug.

Hello jeevs007,

Thanks very much for your information.It is really helpful. I think i will get the FP cleared or second FP in one or two month:)