name check cleared!!

mas

Registered Users (C)
Hi girls and guys,

After long waiting, my name check is finally cleared. I give the credit to Mrs Bush. I sent her a letter to request expediate my name check in June. Last week, I received a surprising letter from FBI indicating my name check was cleared in Aug 21. I called USCIS today (Aug 28) for a new fingerprint notice, but USCIS hasn't got anything back from FBI yet, but the nice agent promised she would send me fingerprint notice once uscis gets my namecheck result. Anyone has any idea how long name check result transfer will take?

Thanks. good luck to all of us.

mas

140 EB2 RD1/12/05 AD4/19/05
485 RD2/16/05 AD???
namecheck requested 3/1/05, cleared 8/21/06
1st FP 4/19/05 waiting for 2nd FP notice.

mas said:
Hi girls and guys,

After long waiting, my name check is finally cleared. I give the credit to Mrs Bush. I sent her a letter to request expediate my name check in June. Last week, I received a surprising letter from FBI indicating my name check was cleared in Aug 21. I called USCIS today (Aug 28) for a new fingerprint notice, but USCIS hasn't got anything back from FBI yet, but the nice agent promised she would send me fingerprint notice once uscis gets my namecheck result. Anyone has any idea how long name check result transfer will take?

mas

485 RD2/16/05 AD???

How did you send the letter and when you sent it? Did you send it to the general white house address? Is there any special address where you can send the letter? Any letter format? Did you get an aknowlegement from Mrs Bush office? Please share your experience.

Thanks

mas said:
Hi girls and guys,

mas

485 RD2/16/05 AD???
Congratulations!
In my case, it took about 3 weeks for TSC to update FBI namecheck results. You have to follow up on this..Please refer to my earlier postings in the following thread for details..hope it helps.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=214587
Best of luck!

Hi Mas,

congrats for your Name check cleared.

Could you let us know the letter template for Mrs Bush and procedure to send mail. I appreciate all your efforts.

sambocico2 said:
How did you send the letter and when you sent it? Did you send it to the general white house address? Is there any special address where you can send the letter? Any letter format? Did you get an aknowlegement from Mrs Bush office? Please share your experience.

Thanks

I sent to white house address via first class mail. It was a regular letter and I just explained my experience with FBI and uscis and asked for help. Yes, I did get acknowlegement for the first lady office back in the early of Aug.

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Hope this helps. good luck,

mas

mas said:
I sent to white house address via first class mail. It was a regular letter and I just explained my experience with FBI and uscis and asked for help. Yes, I did get acknowlegement for the first lady office back in the early of Aug.

The White House
Washington, DC 20500

Hope this helps. good luck,

mas

Thank you for your feedback. What was the content of the letter? Did they mentioned that the office is following up with your case?

Thanks

mas said:
Hi girls and guys,

mas

485 RD2/16/05 AD???

I just called USCIS-VSC and inquired about my NC status. A nice laddy said that everything is ok with FBI and case is pending `cause they`re waiting results from another agency, other then FBI. Asked about the dates NC was cleared, she mentioned that it doesn`t show on her screen.
Even if your NC is CLEARED, USCIS will approve your case whenever they want. They always find a excuse to keep on hold and they will never give u more details, making u confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
update on namecheck cleared.

I called TSC today and I was told everything was cleared for my application and it was waiting to be assigned to an officer.
My FP was expired in July, but I was told FP notice is sent out automatically and nothing she could do. Is it possible to make an apointment with Infopass to get FP done?

mas

mas said:
update on namecheck cleared.

I called TSC today and I was told everything was cleared for my application and it was waiting to be assigned to an officer.
My FP was expired in July, but I was told FP notice is sent out automatically and nothing she could do. Is it possible to make an apointment with Infopass to get FP done?

mas

Hi Mas,

what was the content of the WH letter. Did they say that they are going to contact FBI?

Thanks

hi sambocico2,

In the WH letter, I just stated I need GC to apply for federal grant.
after two months, I got a standard response from WH, indicating they would contact the appropriate agency. I think they did, as the FBI letter mentioned Mrs Bush inquiry.

mas

update

I called TSC today, and was told FP was being scheduled, and FP notice would be sent once a slot available.

9/13/06

Any update?

Mas,

Do you have any update?

I wonder how you spoke to representatives in TSC. After confirmed by congressman that my Name Check was complete in August, I called TSC a few times. But the lady (I guess I got the same person every time) is very unfriendly and refused to tell me anything, except saying my case is pending on certain things. So were you able to get straight answer that you NC is cleared?

mas said:
I called TSC today, and was told FP was being scheduled, and FP notice would be sent once a slot available.

9/13/06

update

jbxieperm2005 said:
Mas,

Do you have any update?

I wonder how you spoke to representatives in TSC. After confirmed by congressman that my Name Check was complete in August, I called TSC a few times. But the lady (I guess I got the same person every time) is very unfriendly and refused to tell me anything, except saying my case is pending on certain things. So were you able to get straight answer that you NC is cleared?

Hi jbxieperm2005,

Yes, I got some update this morning. I was told my case has been assigned to an officer and was under review. And also my finger print notice was sent out today, but not sure the appointment date.

I used the following trick to talk to an agent in TSC

------------------- how to contact TSC direct -----------------

method to follow to talk with TSC direct.

use 1-800-375-5283 to find status.
Press 1 for english
Press 2
Press 6
Press 1 for SRC #
Press 1 again to confirm
Press 3
Press 4 when it says u have file Multiple applicaiton, by selecting this option u will be connected with TSC.

(if u find any error after SRC input, use any other SRC like EAD etc)

Once connected give TSC-opt to ur 485 src.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It worked everytime to me in the morning.
All the person I talked were helpful except one women. That women usually asked me for what reason I was calling, then directly gave an answer without even open my file. so I just hang up and call again.

jbxieperm2005 said:
Mas,

Do you have any update?

Yes, about 2 weeks after NC was sent by FBI, TSC reprentative confirmed my NC was cleared.

USCIS_GC_APPRO said:

I got this template by searching this forum, and changed a bit to adapt my situation. good luck.
-------------------------------------

my address xxxxx

First Lady Mrs Bush
The White House
Washington, DC 20500
Date:xx/xx/2006

Sub: Assistance in expediting FBI background (name) check for Green Card (I-485)

Dear First Lady,

With reference to the above, I need your assistance in expediting background (name) check from FBI. From inquiry with FBI I found that my name check is pending from FBI since xxxx, 2005. My Priority Date is current in the July Visa Bulletin, but my case will get approved only if my name check is cleared. I would like to get my name check cleared from FBI as early as possible. As you are aware the Green card process involves name check by the FBI which generally takes 2 days, in my case it has been pending for over 15 months since xxxx 2005. Please help me to get the name check expedited from FBI.

I am currently a research fellow in xxxxx and am going to apply for a federal research funding. However, per federal funding’ policy, I need to be a permanent resident (green card holder) to be eligible to apply. I have been being desperately waiting for the approval of green card for a long time, so I can submit my research proposal. However, if name check pending from FBI continues, my career will just halt there for years after years.

We need your kind help in getting the FBI name check expedited.

my details are as given below.

Name: xxx
Address: xxx
Phone number: xxx
A#: xxx
Date of birth:xxx
Date/place application was filed:xxx
Receipt number: xxx
Finger print date: xxx

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards

xxxx

-----------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
updates

I got a messege from my lawyer that my scheduled fingerprint date was
3 pm today, but I haven't received the notice yet. I am asking him to fax the notice to me and I will try my luck tommorrow.

mas

LUD changes

jbxieperm2005,

Do you have any updates?

I did my 2nd FP last week, and got two LUD changes since then, I think those LUDs are FP from ASC and FP report from FBI. No more other updates.

mas

Hi, Mas,

I don't have any update. Actually I called TSC today and did Infopass last week. They still claim my name check is pending.

I just sent an email to the lady in local congressman office who told me FBI name check was complete back to August. I want her to confirm the FBI's message is accurate.

mas said:
jbxieperm2005,

Do you have any updates?

I did my 2nd FP last week, and got two LUD changes since then, I think those LUDs are FP from ASC and FP report from FBI. No more other updates.

mas