name check cleared!!

mas

Registered Users (C)
Hi girls and guys,

After long waiting, my name check is finally cleared. I give the credit to Mrs Bush. I sent her a letter to request expediate my name check in June. Last week, I received a surprising letter from FBI indicating my name check was cleared in Aug 21. I called USCIS today (Aug 28) for a new fingerprint notice, but USCIS hasn't got anything back from FBI yet, but the nice agent promised she would send me fingerprint notice once uscis gets my namecheck result. Anyone has any idea how long name check result transfer will take?

Thanks. good luck to all of us.

mas

140 EB2 RD1/12/05 AD4/19/05
485 RD2/16/05 AD???
namecheck requested 3/1/05, cleared 8/21/06
1st FP 4/19/05 waiting for 2nd FP notice.

Congrats !!!

congrats. you did it. btw, how did you contact Bush or his office? please let us know how you proceded. looks like you had a sound plan.

hope uscis would update your records soon on name check clearance. it may take 2 weeks time.

mas said:
Hi girls and guys,

After long waiting, my name check is finally cleared. I give the credit to Mrs Bush. I sent her a letter to request expediate my name check in June. Last week, I received a surprising letter from FBI indicating my name check was cleared in Aug 21. I called USCIS today (Aug 28) for a new fingerprint notice, but USCIS hasn't got anything back from FBI yet, but the nice agent promised she would send me fingerprint notice once uscis gets my namecheck result. Anyone has any idea how long name check result transfer will take?

mas

485 RD2/16/05 AD???

Congratulations!

Could you share some details regarding how you contacted Mrs. Bush? Did you try the senators' office first, or InfoPass? Just trying to figure out whether it is necessary/required to try other available approaches before trying first lady's office. Thanks.

mas said:
Hi girls and guys,

mas

485 RD2/16/05 AD???

The Senator's office has told me in the past that the results from the FBI Name Check process could take up to 2 months to make it into VSC's system. The results are not sent electronically. Every month FBI sends the results on a tape to VSC where they are updated on a case by case basis manually.

mjain,
congratulations, this is the big hurdle for 485.
Could you please send me the format of the letter to Mrs. Bush
about your name check issue.

Thanks in advance.
BunnyGC

All, what exactly is namecheck? I gave my FP a couple of months back. Does namecheck refer to the background check that the FBI does based on the fingerprinting? If they are different, what are the differences?
How do I track the status/progress of namecheck?
Thanks
nj_skm

mas said:
Hi girls and guys,

mas

485 RD2/16/05 AD???

Maybe USCIS now, after receive the results of your NC from FBI, will start the security checks, IBIS, that correspond to an additional review of your case . Good luck!

nysb said:
Congratulations!

Could you share some details regarding how you contacted Mrs. Bush? Did you try the senators' office first, or InfoPass? Just trying to figure out whether it is necessary/required to try other available approaches before trying first lady's office. Thanks.

I sent to white house address via first class mail. It was a regular letter and I just explained my experience with FBI and uscis and asked for help.

In April, I contacted senators and congressman. The congressman found out the date when my name check begun. Then I sent letter to both Mrs Bush and the congressman further asked for expediation help. but the congressman office wouldn't do that for me. About two months after sending the letter, I got acknowlegement from the first lady office back in the early of Aug.

mas

update on namecheck cleared.

I called TSC today and I was told everything was cleared for my application and it was waiting to be assigned to an officer.
My FP was expired in July, but I was told FP notice is sent out automatically and nothing she could do. Is it possible to make an apointment with Infopass to get FP done?

mas

Isn't this Vermont Center board? I was told by VSC 3 months ago my case was cleared and was waiting to be assigned to an officer. Now I am still waiting ...

nyyankees said:
Isn't this Vermont Center board? I was told by VSC 3 months ago my case was cleared and was waiting to be assigned to an officer. Now I am still waiting ...

just called USCIS-VSC and inquired about my NC status. A nice laddy said that everything is ok with FBI and case is pending `cause they`re waiting results from another agency, other then FBI. Asked about the dates NC was cleared, she mentioned that it doesn`t show on her screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jhawilla said:
just called USCIS-VSC and inquired about my NC status. A nice laddy said that everything is ok with FBI and case is pending `cause they`re waiting results from another agency, other then FBI. Asked about the dates NC was cleared, she mentioned that it doesn`t show on her screen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

Would you please let me know how you called the vermont center?? I can only call that 1800 number on the USCIS page and they do not connect me to VSC center. Would you please tell me what is the direct phone number to the VERMONT center?

Thank you very much