Name check cleared

quizfan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My name check was pending since June '04 (I-140/I-485 concurrent filing, EB2, MS+10 yrs exp). My I-140 was approved in March '05, but the 485 app was stuck in the name check process. I had sent an email to the FBI in Dec '04 and received a reply in Jun '05. I sent an email to Mr. Cannon and a certified snail mail to him as well. I mentioned genuine work-related circumstances which necessiated the I-485 approval (I'm a mgr and need to travel overseas. Can't wait for the EAD/AP approvals). I received a response today :D
==
Dear Mr. XYZ,

I am responding to your e-mail dated July xx, 2005, requesting status for an FBI Name Check.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database concerning XYZ revealed a request was received from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on June xx, 2004 and it was completed on July yy, 2005. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters in Washington DC.

Sincerely yours,

Michael A. Cannon, Chief/deb
National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division
=======

Thanks to Mr. Cannon for acting promptly. I appreciate the fact that since he has taken over, many people have got responses to their inquiries. He seems like a process-oriented proactive individual. Bless his soul. :)

can you post the format

I am also stuck in the name so please it would be a very favour if you post the detail
thanks
Raj

can you post the format

I am also stuck in the name so please it would be a very great favour if you post the detail
thanks
Raj

quizfan,

It looks like FBI is more attentive to the urgent,emergency individual's request rather than doing the processing serially or in terms of First in First Out. It is little sad and unfortunate for people who are waiting almost 2yrs and still haven't recieved anything.
Anyway do you have the full address of Cannon ? so that I can think of sending one snail mail if that helps me in this process.

Thanks
Sonpapdi

My 2 cents...Mr Cannon means business !!

This is certainly good news for all of us stuck in name check for long.

quizfan...can you please share the address you used to write to Mr Cannon.

I am eager to try my luck as well.....My name check is pending since May'03.

Thanks,

Name check

getnkk said:
quizfan...can you please share the address you used to write to Mr Cannon.
Thanks,

I used the address provided by Mr. Rahul Kumar in his excellent post. I changed the name of Mr. Hardy to Mr Cannon and inserted the appropriate designation. The format is from Mr. Rahul Kumar's templates, but I had added personal details and indicated compelling circumstances.

Mr. Michael A. Cannon
Chief, National Name Check Program Section
Records Management Division
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20535

That said, the email from him merely mentions my email dated early July and not the certified snail mail that I had sent last week. The email that I had sent him was a simple "reply" to his (June '05) response to my Dec 2004 mail, in which I had mentioned the same compelling circumstances as I did in the snail mail above. Who knows? The snail mail must've been an overkill. :)

To sonpapdi - I can feel your disappointment. I have felt the same way since many EB2 concurrent apps were cleared in 3 months back in 2004 as part of the pilot program. Mine would've been cleared in Sept 2004, were it not for the name check process. Trust me, the one year delay has had a great impact on many personal decisions. You begin to ask yourself, "Why me?" very often.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the I-485 approval.

Btw, any idea how long the BCIS takes to clear the I-485 after the name check clears? My I-140 was approved in March '05. [I know that my name check was the only reason it was in "pending" status since the BCIS said so in their 485, CSC XII reply to my company lawyer's enquiry] I work for a reputed billion dollar firm.

I'm intersted too, how long it takes after name check cleared. My name check was cleared on June 21, 2005. Email from CIS stated that they have received the result from fbi on June 28. Nothing happened since then.

I did sent letters to FBI today expressing my concern and need for help. The main reason being I can't afford paying royality fees to USCIS for emergencies anymore and I deserve to be given a card so that I can handle emergenices on my own. Let's see where this goes.

But however I did sent it to Hardy and Hooton but not Cannon. Is this Hardy guy now retired ? and that we have to send it to Cannon ?

Re-1485 approval: I heard that it usually takes anywhere from 4-8 weeks to actually approve. This is what I heard from emergency numbers. But take this information on your own discretion and don't believe on it just because I don't believe it in the first place. Your application may even be hanging around in one of their offices but they must have put-off approving them cause they assume FBI usually won't send the results in couple of years :mad:

Cheers
-Sonpapdi

Thanks for the prompt reply! I am just wondering if personal reasons can be counted as the reason for expedition. For example, i am seaprate with my fiancee for 4 years due to green card application and i need to have my gc approved to switch jobs.
Appreciate the reply!

sent E-mail

I just sent an E-mail to FBINNCP, citing both personal reasons, expenses of filing EAD/AP, insecurity etc. Need to wait and see if i get a response.
Planning to also send the snail mail later this week.

dzhao1 said:
Thanks for the prompt reply! I am just wondering if personal reasons can be counted as the reason for expedition. For example, i am seaprate with my fiancee for 4 years due to green card application and i need to have my gc approved to switch jobs.
Appreciate the reply!

I don't know about the personal reasons, but the statement on "switching jobs" could probably be damaging to your case (I'm speculating here), since the whole rationale of the GC app is the specific job/company for which it was filed. If I were you, I would consult the immigration lawyer who handled your case.

name check and security check

Hi,
Are 'name checks' and 'security checks' same? I had my FP done almost 3 months ago. USCIS web page said almost within two weeks of FP that your FP has been received on such and such date.

Last week I received a letter from INS (in reply of my phone enquiry about my 485 status) that due to security check, my case is delayed.

Any comments/suggestions or pointers?
Thank you for your kind help
Vikas