Name check cleared for 18 mths but still waiting for approval

waited2long

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

I have been tracking this forum for more than a year now, I find that most of the I-485 cases that are pending for a long time, are stuck in name check. But when I called the california emergency number, I came to know that my name check has been cleared for almost 18 months. I have gone through my second FP/AP/EAD. But am yet waiting for an approval.
Is anyone in the same boat or has any guess on what else could be holding up the approval. Any suggestions on what and where to follow-up to get out of this mystery..

Following are my case detalis
PD 08/02
I140/I485 ..concurrent filing RD 08/03
1st FP : 04/04
RFE on I-140 09/04
RFE replied: 10/04
LUD on 1-140 ;11/01/2004, acknowleding that they received the response and processing has resumed
2nd FP: 03/05
LUD on I-485 : 04/18/05 ; Received fingerprinting results and processing has resumed.

waited2long said:
Hi Friends,

I have been tracking this forum for more than a year now, I find that most of the I-485 cases that are pending for a long time, are stuck in name check. But when I called the california emergency number, I came to know that my name check has been cleared for almost 18 months. I have gone through my second FP/AP/EAD. But am yet waiting for an approval.
Is anyone in the same boat or has any guess on what else could be holding up the approval. Any suggestions on what and where to follow-up to get out of this mystery..

Following are my case detalis
PD 08/02
I140/I485 ..concurrent filing RD 08/03
1st FP : 04/04
RFE on I-140 09/04
RFE replied: 10/04
LUD on 1-140 ;11/01/2004, acknowleding that they received the response and processing has resumed
2nd FP: 03/05
LUD on I-485 : 04/18/05 ; Received fingerprinting results and processing has resumed.

since your 140 is also not approved this is tricky. did your lawyer do any inquiry for 140?

And you didn't mention if your case was EB2 or EB3 or ...
and whether you are from one of the retro effected countries

reason am asking is that your PD is not yet current for EB3 for the said countries.

Mine is EB3 Category. I don't think it should be affected by Retro as this was filed concurrently 1.5 yrs back. I thought only new cases filed after Jan '05 will be affected by Retro. Is that a correct understanding ?

I have asked my attorneys to find I-140 status but no luck so far..
I had also called CSC and had put in an enquiry for I-140 status(with my HR on the conf call)..it's been more than 2 months but no response...

waited2long said:
Mine is EB3 Category. I don't think it should be affected by Retro as this was filed concurrently 1.5 yrs back. I thought only new cases filed after Jan '05 will be affected by Retro. Is that a correct understanding ?
No -- whether you are affected by retro or not is SOLELY determined by the category (EB3) and your country of chargeability. Even cases that were filed before would be affected based on this.

You say you are EB3 and assuming that u are from a retro effected country, your PD is backlogged.

You will not get any movement on your case till your PD becomes current - which hopefully should be soon (its presently 06/02) -- Sorry to bring the bad news !

Once your PD becomes current, you can expect something :)

max2k1 said:
No -- whether you are affected by retro or not is SOLELY determined by the category (EB3) and your country of chargeability. Even cases that were filed before would be affected based on this.

You say you are EB3 and assuming that u are from a retro effected country, your PD is backlogged.

You will not get any movement on your case till your PD becomes current - which hopefully should be soon (its presently 06/02) -- Sorry to bring the bad news !

Once your PD becomes current, you can expect something :)

hopegfully u wont need to wait too long since PDs seems to be moving.

Thanks max2K1 and California GC.
Bad news is better than no news...
What do Service cernter processing dates indicate ? They state that they are currently processing cases for Dec 2004. How are these service center dates different than retrogression dates and where can i find the same...and how come people whose cases have been filed in late 2004 are also getting approved and not affected by retrogression?

waited2long said:
Thanks max2K1 and California GC.
Bad news is better than no news...
What do Service cernter processing dates indicate ? They state that they are currently processing cases for Dec 2004. How are these service center dates different than retrogression dates and where can i find the same...and how come people whose cases have been filed in late 2004 are also getting approved and not affected by retrogression?

retro is related to PD not RD or ND of 485 (unless it is after jan 1 2005). PD can be found in the visa bulletin. i am not sure what PD is current right now but i did hear people being really excited about some vote that happened in the congress or senate...not too familiar with US gov. structure...to use some visa numbers from other categories...