Name check cleared after mandamus filing

Guys, I mailed my N-400 on 06/12/2006. Called them the other day, was told that my name check was pending.

Well, I am not a muslim, and my name is very rare, it's not common at all. I personally think, that the situation with name checks is getting so BAD, that almost everyone pretty soon will be waiting forever. In addition, I have a strong feeling that USCIS never even requested my name check from the FBI because they don't even tell me the exact date when they did, even though I asked. I requested the confirmation from the FBI but they don't take any letters, e-mails, or phone call requests anymore.

I think, unless, there is enough law suits against USCIS, they won't do anything.

However, lately, I've read that they try to stop people from sueing them by passing the law. After that, if they don't do their job, we won't even be able to make them do it.

I am personally thinking of suing them if they won't do their job, becuase it's reasonable. I am going to do it by myself without any lawyer. Lawyers only get rich on your misery. You can do it yourself.

I can understand if the only problem for not moving forward with your case is that they don't have enough people to do the job, but they are trying.

I am talking about the case when they have to do their job, and they don't.
Once, I obtain the proof that USCIS never requested my name check from the FBI, I'll take a further action.

Thanks for the information provided.

Guys, I mailed my N-400 on 06/12/2006. Called them the other day, was told that my name check was pending.

Well, I am not a muslim, and my name is very rare, it's not common at all. I personally think, that the situation with name checks is getting so BAD, that almost everyone pretty soon will be waiting forever. In addition, I have a strong feeling that USCIS never even requested my name check from the FBI because they don't even tell me the exact date when they did, even though I asked. I requested the confirmation from the FBI but they don't take any letters, e-mails, or phone call requests anymore.

I think, unless, there is enough law suits against USCIS, they won't do anything.

However, lately, I've read that they try to stop people from sueing them by passing the law. After that, if they don't do their job, we won't even be able to make them do it.

I am personally thinking of suing them if they won't do their job, becuase it's reasonable. I am going to do it by myself without any lawyer. Lawyers only get rich on your misery. You can do it yourself.

I can understand if the only problem for not moving forward with your case is that they don't have enough people to do the job, but they are trying.

I am talking about the case when they have to do their job, and they don't.
Once, I obtain the proof that USCIS never requested my name check from the FBI, I'll take a further action.

Thanks for the information provided.

Contact your senator and ask to check with FBI. It takes 45 days an dypu will get a direct answer from FBI

question...

After stuck in the name check for 20 months, I finally completed my long journey of naturalization and become a US citizen today. Here is my timeline:

1/2004, N-400 filing
3/2004, FP and name check submitted
3/2005, Interview (was told NC was pending)
3/2005-7/2005, called, wrote, e-mailed and faxed to USCIS and FBI numerous times regarding the delay; requested FOIPA from FBI, requested helps from congressman/senator... Still pending
6/2005 2nd FP
8/2005 Hired an attorney and sent a letter of intent to sue to the USCIS, giving them 30 days to respond. Nothing happened
10/2005 Filed wit of mandamus
11/9/2005, NC cleared
11/22/2005 Citizenship approved; Oath taken

Although it has been a long journey for me, I am a happy person today. Thank you all for sharing information. This site has been really helpful to me. My biggest tip based on my experience: put all your trust and faith in God, and He will provide.

Good luck to all who are still in the journey. Wish good things happen to you all soon.

why did it tak so long, do you know?