Name check clearance

MGPY06

Registered Users (C)
Hello all. I noticed in the tracker that many pending 485s have their security check cleared. How can I find out about this? When I call TSC I keep getting the same information about my case. Any way to speak to a human?

Thanks

Hi MGPY06,

Our cases are very similar:

-- I filed concurrently at the TSC with ND of January 26, 2006 (EB2 worldwide)
-- My spouse and I have received our EADs and APs :eek:
-- I received i-140 approval today! :D
-- My i-485 is pending FBI namecheck (per Senator's response last week) :(
-- My wife's i-485 received an RFE today (not sure yet what the RFE is about)

Questions:

-- Can my wife's i-1485 be approved while mine is pending namecheck??
-- My i-485 also received 2 LUDs in the last 2 days. Could this be related only to the adjudication of the i-140? Or could this be an indication that the namecheck has cleared??

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can observe LUD's after I-140 approval. No, your wife can't be approved until primary application (you) is approved.

Ur I-140 may be approved?

TSCEB2CURRENT,

TSCEB2Current - hey sometimes I-140 gets approved but the message does not change online....you may want to call up USCIS to verify that...

How did U initiate Senator Inquiry - did it help resolve your pending namecheck?

alex904 said:
Yes, you can observe LUD's after I-140 approval.

Does the Name Check procedure only get initiated _after_ the I-140 is approved ? Or can it be initiated by the Service Center before the I-140 approval ?

What exactly is the process to find out:

A) Has the Name Check query been issued by BCIS ?
B) What exactly is the status of that Name Check query ?
C) Is the query done with the local FBI office or with a central office in Washington DC ?
D) Is there a process (if any at all) that can be used to expedite the Name Check query ?

Thanks in advance....

ethereal said:
Does the Name Check procedure only get initiated _after_ the I-140 is approved ? Or can it be initiated by the Service Center before the I-140 approval ?

What exactly is the process to find out:

A) Has the Name Check query been issued by BCIS ?
They should initiate it shortly after filing of the I-485
B) What exactly is the status of that Name Check query ?
I am trying to find that out myself. Got different messages from different people at TSC. Just engaged congressman's office this week to look into that. Senator's office is pretty useless (I called 7 times and never could get a hold of the guy dealing with immigration - it is just like calling USCIS).
C) Is the query done with the local FBI office or with a central office in Washington DC ?
Good question, maybe someone else knows.
D) Is there a process (if any at all) that can be used to expedite the Name Check query ?
Usually not - senators supposedly could do something but they won't in most cases. Maybe someone can confirm that - but it seems to me family-based I-485 seem to get faster approvals than employment based. Strange - you would think that both have to go through the same name check...