Name Check Clear on 9/23 now waiting for FP

MUZAMMILS

Registered Users (C)
Name Check Clear on 9/23 now waiting for FP(2nd time)

I have been waiting for my Oath since Dec 23rd 2002 , My name check was cleared on 9/23 - I Spoke with the CHICAGO District office yesterday
and told by the officer that I have to redo finger printer because they are only valid for the 15 months . Do you know how long does it takes to have FP clear ? Do i have to wait couple more years . please respond with your experience - According to the office is my FB date is 11/4 and I should be recieving letter shortly .

thanks

PD: June 21 2002
FP: August 21,2002
Interview: Dec 23, 2002
Faxed Name Check Inquiry to FBI: August 17th , 2004
Received Email Status Pending: Sep 23rd, 2004
Faxed FOIPA: September 17th, 2004
Received letter "No Records": September 17th, 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
MUZAMMILS said:
Do you know how long does it takes to have FP clear ? Do i have to wait couple more years .

It does not take years or months to clear fingerprints. I read somewhere in this forum that it takes couple of days to get the fingerprints cleared. But I think it is less than a month for the whole process.
My suggestion is that when you go for re-fingerprinting, ask the person over there. They should be able to give you some timeframe. Please post your experience of re-fingerprinting here and specially when you recieve the Oath letter.
Good luck.

Got appointmenty letter today - Nov 4th 2nd time FP

Does anyone have any idea about how long before I can get the oath letter.

thanks

Muzmmils,
Sorry to hear that you have been waiting for oath since 12/02. I am kind of confused with your time line. If you had your first FP on 8/02, that would have expired on 11/03 ( assuming it is valid for 15 months ), and you would require to have FP again sometimes after 11/03, and that FP would still be valid until 2/05. So why do you need to take FP again? Is this your 3rd FP? Can you clarify this? Hope everything goes smoothly after taking new FP. Good luck.

Choyty

MUZAMMILS said:
Does anyone have any idea about how long before I can get the oath letter.

thanks

Well after your name gets cleared it will take 10 business days for the INS to receive the results ( result will be entered into a central data base the day you are cleared) but it will take 10 days for it to show in the INS computers, and after that, they usually tell you to wait about 90 days to get that oath letter, but of course you could be called before your time is up, hey hang in there you are almost there so be happy, and I hope you get the oath letter soon :)

This is my 2nd FP , my fb is been expired since last year . Hopefully they can clear quick and I can get my oath letter soon .

Muzammils:
I wish you good luck. This process has taken you waaay too long!!!
It's definitely time to knock on all the doors!!!

oath letter

MUZAMMILS,

You have been waiting for a long time............I can certainly understand your pain and anguish because I am also in the same boat. If they say that the FP letter was sent on 10/21 and if you have not received it yet, you need to call your District office and politely ask to send another notice. This happened to me also. One of their letter said that the FP notice was sent on 8/20, but I never received it. After calling them several times, I was able to talk to a lady who promised me to send another FP notice. Finally I received the notice in the first week of October and I was refingerprinted on 10/12.

In general, the FP are cleared in 2-3 days, but give CIS about 2 weeks to notice it. In my case, I need to be scheduled for oath, but have not received anything so far. Yesterday I talked to a lady at the CIS office. According to her, I am likely to be scheduled for December or January oath ceremony and I should get the letter about 20 days before the ceremony. In some cases, this has happened really quickly, but not in my case. So good luck and keep us posted!

Timeline (Philadelphia)

Application Date: October 31, 2002
Priority Date: November 4, 2002
Fingerprinting Date: January 31, 2003
Interview Date: August 26, 2003
Interview Results: Application recommended for approval
FOIPA 'no record' results : August 3, 2004
Namecheck cleared: August 9, 2004
Refingerprinting date: October 12, 2004
Application granted for oath: October 28, 2004
Oath letter: ???????

redkarr1 said:
Application granted for oath: October 28, 2004

Hi redkarr1,
I am very happy that your case is moving now. Could you please explain the above? Did you recieve any notice indicating that you are granted oath? Thanks and good luck.

oath letter

hm11,

Thank you for your support. I received a standard letter from USCIS where they have checked the sentence "Your request for oath ceremony is granted. You will receive notice by mail as soon as the scheduling takes place". I also received an email messge from my congressman's office confirming the same.

redkarr1 said:
hm11,

Thank you for your support. I received a standard letter from USCIS where they have checked the sentence "Your request for oath ceremony is granted. You will receive notice by mail as soon as the scheduling takes place". I also received an email messge from my congressman's office confirming the same.

Thank you redkarr. Good luck and best wishes. :)

Went to application support Center for FB Today -- Finally
Now just have to wait for the letter ... I will wait 1 week then start calling FBI # for the results . I know we cannot sit and wait for them just like what I did for name check wait 18 months then all the sudden I found this forum follow tips and got the name check done with in 20 days ........

Wish me good luck .. I need to sponsor my mother asap ...

Call FBI Today in reagrds to FB Status , Very helpfull
they have submitted result to INS same day ...now what ...

MUZAMMILS said:
Went to application support Center for FB Today -- Finally
Now just have to wait for the letter ... I will wait 1 week then start calling FBI # for the results . I know we cannot sit and wait for them just like what I did for name check wait 18 months then all the sudden I found this forum follow tips and got the name check done with in 20 days ........

Wish me good luck .. I need to sponsor my mother asap ...
Don't wait a week to call FBI for finger print result. Call them the next day. My FP result was sent back to CIS the same day they took my prints.

MUZAMMILS said:
I have been waiting for my Oath since Dec 23rd 2002 , My name check was cleared on 9/23 - I Spoke with the CHICAGO District office yesterday
and told by the officer that I have to redo finger printer because they are only valid for the 15 months . Do you know how long does it takes to have FP clear ? Do i have to wait couple more years . please respond with your experience - According to the office is my FB date is 11/4 and I should be recieving letter shortly .

thanks

PD: June 21 2002
FP: August 21,2002
Interview: Dec 23, 2002
Faxed Name Check Inquiry to FBI: August 17th , 2004
Received Email Status Pending: Sep 23rd, 2004
Faxed FOIPA: September 17th, 2004
Received letter "No Records": September 17th, 2004

Muzammils,
I am impressed that you got the response from fbi the same day you faxed your FOIPA request!!!! I sent mine a week ago, and still no word, and don't even know if they got my fax!!!

MUZAMMILS said:
hi mfar,

Sorry I got respond for Finger print status on same day not on name check .

thanks

i see....do you recall how long it took you to get a response from fbi about your foipa?
thanks,